Well done Lewis! Good race.

socram, Oct 27, 8:16am
We are so used to F1 races being boring, that the USA GP was pretty good. I didn't even fast forward through the last third, which makes a change.

Rosberg's single mistake was all it took to crown Lewis again, but at last, McLaren's performance a definite step up.

saxman99, Oct 27, 8:40am
I like the after-race hat throwing event.

clark20, Oct 27, 9:14am
Yep, great race, he is a good champion, but I did feel a little for Rosberg on the first corner

socram, Oct 28, 1:29am
I don't think he (NR) was a very happy bunny!

elect70, Oct 28, 2:45am
Lots of conjecture about next season , whos going to get whos engines , will honda persevere or do a toyota & pull out - too diffucult . . Hamiltons car didnt like the wet setup once on slicks he soon reeled them in & good to see Button not finishing in last few as usual . Must be hard to keep putting a brave face on .

geedubu, Oct 28, 3:18am
Been a funny old season, but Lewis is a deserving champ. There is an endless debate about is it really the driver or is it the car. Two current drivers transcend that: Lewis and although I hate to say it as he seems a bit of a prat, Sebastian Vettel. Personally my favourites are sour old Kimi Raikonnen and laughing boy Daniel Ricciardo. We do have an interesting bunch of drivers at the moment.

sheltie08, Oct 28, 3:32am
Wheel to wheel, aggressive racing - need more of it!

tamarillo, Oct 29, 8:13am
Only now watched it, bloody good racing.
Pity mclarens are so crap. They look bloody awful too!

gman35, Oct 29, 8:56am
I am not really an F1 follower, but I heard an interesting comment from an English guy on the radio yesterday, where he thought that as so much F1 is now just on paid TV, and the drivers are often only seen either advertising very expensive products or on Chat shows etc. now, that the "Man on the street" feels so alienated from them compared to say even 10yrs ago, where Hamilton would have maybe been seen as more "normal and mortal" and would have the same wider known popularity of Mansell/Lauda etc. But as it is now not as many people appreciate how good he is.

socram, Oct 30, 1:34am
I hate to keep harking back to the past, but still reading the Tony Brooks autobiography which supports gman35's post above. Although a very factual rather than entertaining book, even with Fangio, Moss, Hawthorn, Brooks, Collins etc., often swapping cars between themselves, there was often a gap of several seconds per lap between them, whereas today, with each car at the very height of sophistication, the spread between the first 5 or even 10 drivers is miniscule and we tend to get (as then) 2 x Mercedes, 2 x Ferrari, 2 x Williams recording almost identical times.

The major difference as above is that in the 50's and 60's, less so in the 70's and 80's, drivers would be competing in a variety of cars and not just single seater F1 cars. That brought the stars a lot closer to the fans and the inevitable comparisons between different drivers from different decades.

I doubt that there are any current F1 drivers who are anything less than extremely competent, but the complex telemetry has shifted much of the emphasis onto the team and the engineers, rather than the drivers. But there again, I have no wish to ever drive a current F1 car but would love to have a few laps behind the wheel of a 1950's or early (1.5 litre) 1960's F1.

bill-robinson, Oct 30, 2:12am
socram, the 70's F! cars were good fun to drive as well. this modern rubbish is F1 in name only

rsr72, Oct 30, 2:37am
#11- Agree with that completely.

marmar1, Oct 30, 4:08am
Stop watching or following F1 when it went to paid tv.

gammelvind, Oct 30, 6:12am
It was an excellent race, and well done to Lewis in getting his third word championship. It will be interesting to see how exciting the last few races are now that there isn't the pressure to accumulate points is off, Fingers crossed for more recklessness.

socram, Dec 14, 1:21am
How about an outside bet that McLaren will have consolidated their improvement? I certainly hope so. A Williams win would also be a bonus.