On road costs

Page 2 / 2
legacy_girlz, Oct 28, 10:32am
Thanks so much for your advice. I was pretty sure that was the case anyway and its good to have it confirmed. Will let you know how I go with (a) the reply to my second email and (b) the visit to the yard tomorrow. Bring it on!

kazbanz, Oct 28, 8:17pm
Im sorry I genuinely don't understand your response here. is this vehicle extrodinarilly cheap or something really special?
If not then why on earth would you want to perservere ?
Legally or illegally they have made their position clear.
How do you think you would get on if something went wrong with the car?

legacy_girlz, Oct 28, 10:03pm
I want to persevere primarily because it is a nice car with exceptionally low mileage for it's age, but also now because I want to take these guys to task over their blatant overcharging for things they are not legally allowed to charge for. If I end up buying the car and something goes wrong with it, legally they are bound by the Fair Trading Act etc to rectify within a certain amount of time anyway. Funny how this morning they have replied to my second email saying the can/will waive the so-called 'on road costs' if I request it. This comes after calling them to task on Rego they didn't pay for, a WOF which they legally have to supply, and a service & groom which should either be included in the ticket price or be offered as an extra. You have to wonder how many unsuspecting people they have conned with this practice.

tgray, Dec 23, 1:36am
Depending on what goes wrong, you may be covered by the CGA act.
Misleading, deceiving or lying would be the fair trading act.