Toyota Camry problem

camere, Aug 23, 11:47pm
I have a 1999 Toyota Camry and even so often it misses a beat while driving. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

ozz1, Aug 24, 12:20am
spark plug lead?. have a habit of shorting out. check one by one.
look for white powdery tracking mark. or check them with good multi meter.

camere, Aug 24, 3:05am
Thanks. I'll take a look at that.

intrade, Aug 25, 2:52am
when was the last service with new spark plugs done?
and is it 5s-fe engine?

camere, Aug 25, 5:09am
I have no idea when the spark plugs were done. And all I know about the engine is that it is 2.4 litre.

intrade, Aug 26, 2:06am
first thing to do is get new plugs they are not cheap as as they dont make any normal cheap plugs for that engine.
this is normally swaptron advise but since you dont know when they where changed then that is what to do as thirst thing make sure you get the denso plugs and take it from there.
next thing if problem is still there is inspection of wires and distributor cap and rotor .

camere, Aug 26, 8:43am
Oh gosh. I was hoping that this would be something cheap.

thunderbolt, Aug 26, 9:28am
Here is your problem.
Cars need regular servicing. Failure to do so generally leads to larger bills when things do start to breakdown.

intrade, Aug 26, 9:33am
be glad its not a 2010 toyota you would pay 10 folds in repair if you neglect one of these. just read a case study of a similar problem one of the computers was nuked also and toyota dealer changed the ignition components first even do the guy had diagnosed it to be a nuked computer the customer paid for the lot and that= tousends of $$ yours is a simple old style bullet proof design cant get it any cheaper then yours.

franc123, Aug 26, 10:27am
Shhh quiet, the trade loves the opportunity to sell highly profitable coils to those who baulk at the cost of longlife spark plugs and just keep driving on the old ones despite our advice. Absolute darlings allowing us to make money that easy.

aslan2, Aug 29, 7:37am
Camrys prone to throttle body problems

camere, Aug 31, 7:04am
It was my mums car and she recently passed away.

intrade, Aug 31, 7:18am
so you fixed it by now ?

piperguy, Sep 2, 4:31am
Remind me not to buy it from you when you go to sell it

salesman671, Aug 8, 9:28am
People, please read, it was his/her mothers car, who recently passed away. Maybe OP was to busy caring for said mum, and all related stresses and strains. I would say servicing a car was the last thing on anyones mind at the time