Mitech welders any good?

gtrb26, Dec 8, 8:10am
Had one of their acdc tigs at my old job. Only thing I didn't like was the cheap pos torch.

snoopy221, Dec 8, 8:37am
Main Technical:
230V Single Phase 50/60Hz
Rated input current: 20A

Ya'll definitely be plugging it in to the stove-LOL

ignition328, Dec 9, 2:35am
I pulled the trigger, I have an old miller but it's not the most delicate of tools, it also lacked the multifunction and portability of this which meant I couldn't really move it limiting me to a single bay most of the time. Hopefully this one will allow me to be a bit more mobile around the the place.

See how this goes I guess. Might report back how I find it.

marte, Dec 9, 9:47am
As long as you don't buy a Kempii welder you should be allright.

I used a generic cheapo MIG welder a few days ago for fixing some rust spots in my car. The sort of welder that has a A-B 1-2 3-4 power levels.

I used gasless MIG wires and found that even at the lowest setting, and wire speed on 1 or under, it would weld the panel steel easy.
In fact it was still a little hot if anything.
I was quite impressed and might look into getting lower amps out of it.

I think the welder you are quoting is on sale at Repco.
. I had a look at it while trying to find some of the tiny contact tips for the generic mig.

supernova2, Dec 9, 10:09am
20amp will have to be hard wired will it not? Certainly not just running on a ordinary 3 pin plug.

ignition328, Jul 9, 5:17pm
I have access to a good mig, have my old miller 330a/bp but things leak and fall off on it making it a pain.

I have a PDL plug hanging around, still 3 pins just it's the same style pins as their big 3 phase ones and it's rated 32amps.