Passive agressive road rage.

jason_247, May 23, 10:21pm
driving along a main road in taupo last night. two lanes either side of median.
Lady drove up alongside in a mazda 6 wagon. got a good inch in front of me before quickly pulling in front of me with no indicating and so little space i thought it would hit. I gave her the horn and finger and drove on. came up to our one traffic lights and just before the red light she switches back into the other lane again without indicating.

i pulled up abit behind her in the other lane to avoid awkward eye contact. saw the opposite lights go red and ped crossing man light up green. knowing i had 10 seconds to act i got out opened her boot and rear passenger door then got back in my car just in time for the green light and drove off.

causing slight inconvenience is Far more satisfying than south auckland beat em up tactics.

xs1100, May 23, 11:37pm
hahaha that's brilliant and another reason why I hit the central locking when im in my car

trogedon, May 23, 11:42pm
Agreed.

sas777, May 24, 2:25am
That's brilliant, like it!
May be a slight inconvenience but psychologically you have owned her. You did a great intrusion into her physical space. Be interesting to know if she's learned a lesson from this.

skull, May 24, 2:40am
In reality she probably has no idea at all and just thinks it was a dumb prank for no good reason.

tamarillo, May 24, 3:15am
Stupid. She might be bloody useless driver, but you're not setting good example.
She may have been seriously scared.

gedo1, May 24, 3:45am
Agree with post #7. amusing in the telling but basically stupid and childish pay back. You did this and it was funny but what about any other drivers who may have been behind her and waiting. Were they inconvenienced?

chito, May 24, 3:54am
How did you open her boot?

mojo49, May 24, 4:10am
It sure ain't passive.

pdc1, May 24, 5:25am
so you were holding her up with your nana driving, why not just pull over to allow her to pass safety? Why not just ease off when you saw what she was up instead of giving her just an inch?
Sounds like it would be better for everyone if you considered taking the bus as well.

msigg, May 24, 5:25am
Yes 7 has the answer, stupid.

jason_247, May 24, 5:26am
tamarillo i know quite a few people who would have been very scared by her driving had they been in my seat.

gedo 1 there was noone else on the road at all, which raises the question as to why she felt the need to swerve between lanes.

Chito with the handle,

mojo maybe not but as a big guy shouting at someone would probably scare them more.

grangies, May 24, 6:29am
A Mazda 6 Wagon will either have a exterior mechanical lever, or an electric switch covered by a flexible rubber gasket above the number plate under the tailgate (boot) garnish which houses the number plate night lights.

grangies, May 24, 6:34am
What would you have done if the car was full of big blokes?

sr2, May 24, 7:50am
I'm in no way condoning the Mazda drivers lane changing antics but the OP publicly bragging about a probable technical assault on another motorist is cause for concern.
One can only speculate how irrational and dangerous his behaviour would become if he was truly under duress behind the wheel.

Given the choice I'm sure most motorists would prefer not to share the road with either driver!

cagivachick1, May 24, 8:12am
nothing

xs1100, May 24, 8:19am
hahaha he would of become a pussy cat

framtech, May 24, 10:41am
Get over yourself OP, and take a chill pill, If you want to be a race driver, do it on the circuit not public roads. bet you have never ever make a error on the road, Not.

marmar1, May 24, 8:25pm
Maybe somewhere before she cut you off maybe you had done something to her without knowing and she was paying you back.

gabbysnana, May 24, 9:05pm
yeah but really you all wanna do what the op did but for the most you don't venture beyond the stroke of a keyboard. Now in the real world.

mothergoose_nz, Sep 15, 6:11pm
sounds like she was driving along in her little dream world. something on her mind