Toyota camry 2004 antifreeze

campmother2002, Sep 4, 4:17am
Hi antifreeze is pink in my camry ,can I change for Repo green its cheeper if I flush it out well , done 110 km

quickbuck, Sep 4, 4:19am
What, to save 10 or 20 dollars?
Get what Toyota Recommend and then you won't be cross contaminating your anti freeze. Engine and car is worth more than the $20 saving. Also it lasts about 5 years, so you are saving just over 1 cent per day.

mrcat1, Sep 4, 4:58am
As, above, cheap enough to go to Toyota and buy genuine long life coolant, mix it up and refill vehicle.

72xu-1, Sep 4, 8:02am
Agree and has10 year life and has retail around $40 premixed (i.e. diluted). My understanding is that green stuff won't last 10 years and so it's surely false economy?

franc123, Sep 4, 8:34am
There is no reason to compromise on this, obtain the factory coolant. To change it to a lower grade non compatible coolant would involve total, and I mean total, evacuation and flushing the system before adding the new coolant. The old green coolant is fine if you are the type that likes to do changes every two or three years and give the system a good going over, and there's nothing wrong with that its good practice, but if you aren't then using longlife coolant is a better course of action.

petal_91, Jul 30, 6:22pm
That will be Toyota Super Long Life Coolant (SLLC). Good for 10 years so now due for a change. I would suggest Nulon Red Long Life Coolant which specifically claims compatibility with Toyota SLLC and is probably a safer bet than say Prestones All Makes All Models.

Nulon is sold at Repco. Repco Red Coolant may also be worth a look as I think that too specifically claims full compatibility with Toyota SLLC.