May some please let me know there thoughts on
Holden Vectra station wagon.
1999 Manual
Thanks

twink19, May 28, 4:37am
walk away

mrfxit, May 28, 4:38am
Vectra B?

I would if it was free or just had a heap of work done AND nearly free.

Wiper internal arms
Electrics
Heater systems
Cam belts etc
Brakes
Suspensions
All getting old FAST (more so then others of the same age)

mkenzi, May 28, 4:39am
Thanks can i ask why.
I have in the past had Commodore VP VR VS always been reliable and easy to service etc , Al done over 280, 000 ks

What is is about a Vectra ?
Have seen one real cheap 348,000 KS High ks :)

doingthing, May 28, 4:39am
WALK AWAY.

mkenzi, May 28, 4:41am
Thanks will do

mrfxit, May 28, 4:42am
Real brand name is Opal Vectra rebadged to Holden.
Nothing to do with Holden engineering except a badge & franchise dealer

franc123, May 28, 4:47am
If you want to take the risk and dump it when something major breaks and live with a lot of niggly faults before that happens then go ahead. They're a cheaply made disposable European car that's not that easy or cheap to fix depending on where you source parts from, and a misery to live with. I'm surprised its even still going.

kazbanz, May 28, 4:51am
Its an OPEL Vectra with some holden badges glued on.
nothing but trouble has been the feedback Ive had

tamarillo, May 28, 5:15am
Just to be obtuse. It's also a Vauxhall in UK and has good rep. Some Holden ones were made in Aussie and the one I know is being very very reliable and putting up with lots of abuse over in golden bay.
With that many miles any car can be a nightmare and if it's very cheap, going, and warrantable then what have you got to lose?

countrypete, May 28, 5:15am
Your message heading is an oxymoron

msigg, May 28, 5:34am
Wel yes they are a time bomb but as said above if its 500-1000 with warrant and rego then all good as long as it lasts then dump.

mkenzi, May 28, 7:11am
Would the ASTRA 1.8 2006 be crap ?
Thanks for everyones advice

joanie04, May 28, 10:09am
Astra is rebadged like the Vectra, just another Opel. I had an earlier model one. It died suddenly. Suspect service history, it was cheap and the mere male wanted it because at the time it was the closest thing he'd get to a Commodore not.

str81, May 28, 10:13am
Turn and Run for the hills the seller may chase you but they wont stand a chance once you get to the hill.

fordcrzy, May 28, 10:38am
Not sure why you are so set on astras. they are crap. end of story. just because someone glued a holden badge on one does not make them somehow worth it. walk away.

snoopy221, Sep 2, 6:31pm
under fifty thousand kilometres and under a grand= Buy Now= And resell
DISPOSAB;E.