Registering a boat trailer for the first time

shello5, Dec 27, 8:13am
Hi not really motoring, I have looked on the net and can't find how/cost to register our boat trailer for the first time. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

msigg, Dec 27, 8:35am
Easy go to post office , or maybe vtnz and buy new plates.

franc123, Dec 27, 8:42am
Lol, NZ Post outlets have not issued plates for many many years, last century in fact, don't bother even asking. VTNZ, VINZ and some AA outlets is where you go, you just fill out the appropriate form and they issue the plate and license label, and then obtain a WoF.

fordcrzy, Dec 27, 9:28am
think its about $95 for a years rego and a plate

shello5, Dec 27, 9:54am
Thanks guy will get on to asap :-)

tormore, Dec 27, 5:09pm
Wrong, I work in one and we issue plates all the time.
OP just a form to fill out and produce your drivers license for ID, $98 gets you plates and a years license.

franc123, Dec 27, 5:40pm
That would only be because the other places wouldn't exist where you are. Where is the outlet close to the OP that does it?

martin11, Dec 27, 7:38pm
Post shop in Rangiora issues them we also have Vinz and AA here

msigg, Dec 27, 7:43pm
Yes as above in Auckland city PO (Pt Chev ) we can get them .

supernova2, Dec 27, 8:32pm
I'm told that Nissan in Rotorua issue plates. Obviously NZTA will approve anyone who asks from the look of it.

froggyb, Dec 28, 5:20am
MR2B form
ID - such as licence
$98.55 for 12 months rego incl new plate
$86.25 for 6 months rego incl new plate
Go to VTNZ
Only other cost would be a WoF

shello5, Dec 28, 6:53pm
Thanks guys, do I need to get the wof first before I get the first rego?

ralphdog1, Dec 28, 7:15pm
No, plate first.

shello5, Dec 28, 7:47pm
Thank you I thought as much will go to post office today.

mrcat1, Dec 28, 8:11pm
That's wrong for a trailer, you can get a WOF on a trailer without registration.
I have had some really good arguments with the new girls at VTNZ in Tauranga as I have 8 trailers going on 9, and they have had to apologise after I have spoken with the boss.
If you go into a VTNZ station just do the whole lot in one go, WOF and plate issue with registration can all by done at the same place.

tnt423, Apr 21, 6:06pm
Really interested to know how, they always tell me it has to be rego first, I would rather the customer do the plates and I do the Wof.