VW Passat steering rack bush replacement cost

Page 2 / 2
desmodave, Jan 2, 4:28pm
im not giving away any free trade tips on that either lol

You seem like a handy asset to have on the TM Motors Forum . There seems to be video and manuals for carrying out repairs for a lot of things these days from people keen to share their knowledge . Good on them i say .

supernova2, Jan 2, 8:12pm
The oil leak which is the subject of this thread is from the oil pressure sender. So likely to be a bit of a drip at most. IMHO that would be most unlikely to be a reason for a wof fail.

Oil leaks onto brakes definite fail but which section of the VIRM covers leaks onto the exhaust?

vorsprung, Jan 2, 8:48pm
What are you on about, its not mounted to the subframe with bushes, there are no bushes for the steering rack at all

desmodave, Jan 2, 11:30pm
Air bag light on would be the most obvious fail . Have a friend heading down to Westport later so will see if he can get me the sender unit there . I called a garage that claims to be a Repco agent and they cant sell me a part until tuesday . They couldn't even tell me if they had 1 as no parts staff on duty . Hopefully my friend may locate the right part on the shelf and just buy it . No big panic anyway as have a other cars or bikes to use .

strobo, Jan 3, 12:12am
My apologies twas a caravelle subframe. not passat.

grosso12, Jan 3, 1:00am
Hi , I would be very grateful if someone could let Intrade know that i have sent him a text message regarding a car issue, thanks for any help as i have no other way to contact him. Thanks again

desmodave, Jan 3, 1:13am
He's a good Detective, he will find you . I am sure he will pop in for a look .

desmodave, Jan 3, 1:20am
Took out oil pressure sender and put some compressed air over it , was surprised at the volume of oil that escaped from the blade type terminal . Just waiting for the glue to set before i refit it . I had the same issue on a Jeep Cherokee years a go . If i remember rightly there was like a diaphragm inside the sender that perforated causing it to leak .

desmodave, Jan 3, 4:25am
How farked up is this , after 5 phone calls Super cheap don't stock the part and will have to order it in . Spoke with my closest branch in Stoke Nelson and they tell me they will get the part sent to them then i have to arrange my own courier to collect it from them, then forward it to me . That's ridiculous . Who can recommend an online store to sell me a oil pressure switch .

budgel, Jan 3, 4:51am
Try Euroline autoparts: www.euroline.co.nz

supernova2, Jan 3, 5:00am
You can order it online from supercheap and they will have it sent to your door.

desmodave, Jan 3, 5:05am
Contacted them and Qualitat on Friday but have had no reply . Bad time of year if your in a hurry so it seems . Contacted BNT just now as well . No doubt i could plug the hole in the pressure switch to stop the oil coming out but i think i should just be patient and wait . I am not very good at being patient though .

desmodave, Jan 3, 11:07pm
Repco have the oil pressure switch i need in stock at Northwood so it will be a quick trip over to Christchurch tomorrow . No doubt i will get back home and find a few emails from parts dealers saying they can supply 1 .

strobo, Jan 4, 8:56am
yeah,yeah I know ,monkey see, monkey do . lol somethings youll never see on tube or written in books but hey good on them too. . ;-)

tim41, Jan 5, 9:36pm
im very surpized you will never find the folt as you nead a 300$ flashlite and many obe one falt finding gizmos and any mecanic you would eva take it too will be morons who are busy fixing cars and not knowing what they do and will wrek any car you take to them

desmodave, Mar 8, 9:37am
Now that i have had a chance to look at the Passat front end it looks like the Tie rod ends are the parts that need replacing . How do Taiwanese parts stack up against O E parts . $67.86 a pair from Taiwan with free shipping or $75+ gst each here , don't know where the NZ parts are from .