BUYING AN EX RENTAL

quickbuck, Mar 24, 8:24am
Quite often "Hot Miles" too. So good in that regard. They are the fastest cars in first gear too ;)

smallwoods, Mar 24, 8:38am
We brought our Falcon gl station wagon ex Hertz sth isl.
Brought it at 33,000 km , about 18 yrs ago.
Sold her last year at over 3500,000 km, had been sitting for a 3 yrs(at work) and fired up on third wind .
Only replaced a carb spring in that time apart from normal wear and tear.
Always serviced at Ford.

seadubya, Mar 24, 9:42am
Many sellers for ex rental or lease, just google rental cars for sale nz. Some rental drivers believe in the "drive it like you stole it" school of rental driving, others are just missing their keys.

buyit59, Mar 24, 10:24am
Nothing wrong with an ex rental anymore than a company car or a privately owned car in my opinion and experience . Go for it !

westwyn, Mar 24, 6:27pm
Marree, most of the major rental companies (Hertz, Avis, Thrifty etc) defleet their cars through large wholesale networks (dealerships, auctions etc) and don't deal directly with the public. There's actually quite a process involved in logistics, with their size it's usually way too much trouble to be dealing with individual cars and requests! Both Turners and Manheim buy up large fleets of these, then drip-feed through the networks. It's usually only the second and third-tier rental companies that sell direct to public. Good luck!

mopsy3, Mar 25, 11:32pm
Ex lease cars would be a better option. Serviced regularly and looked after better than ex rentals. They have to be up to a certain standard to be returned to the lease company or the client gets charged.

tamarillo, Mar 26, 12:25am
The better rental cars (i.e. not budget ones) are not generally thrashed the way folk think, or were. Most are wealthier tourists that drive too slow, and business rentals. With modern autos its hard to drive them wrong really! Plus they get lots of servicing. I'd but one if in market for that sort thing.
BUT avoid Holden Epica - they were cleared real quick from hertz and were truly awful.
Mondeo is good, as is 2 litre focus, my fav was Mazda 6.

bjmh, Mar 26, 12:55am
jeez that's a lotta digits

richardmayes, Mar 26, 1:19am
You:
"Have any 23-year-olds ever taken this car down to the riverbed and done reverse donuts at 65km/h?"

Vendor:
"Oh no, certainly not!"

sw20, Mar 26, 6:26am

typhoon666, Mar 26, 7:08am
Orix ex lease cars aren't to bad and good price

fordcrzy, Apr 10, 6:01pm
we bought a mondeo wagon ex lease at 90,000km and had it for 5 years. great car. also a ex rental fiesta with 30,000kms which was pristine, not a mark on it.