Children in open top 2 seater cars

Page 2 / 2
daryl14, Sep 14, 6:28pm
You "should" be able to find a booster seat that will go in there. They are not all massive. maybe even a half booster. We have a Chelino (or Milano) which is reasonably small in size and can be used as a full or half booster.

tamarillo, Sep 14, 9:04pm
I'm guessing the runners are from something easily attainable back then? Or have you removed them and bolted straight to floor.
Which ever way, how about getting an old seat to fit (herald? ) and removing most of seat cushion so that child's seat or booster sits low and fits well? I'd be thinking biggest child's seat with straps and tell kids it's a racing strap! Bit of hassle swapping seats but it'll work. And be secure.
Good cars.

toppo1, Sep 14, 10:16pm
Yea no rails, bolted directly through floor, I had thought about modifying a seat but height isn't the only issue. Her current booster seat is quite narrow by comparison but still to wide to fit also daughter isn't the only passenger and changing the seats isn't a 5 minute job.The infaltable booster seat mentioned above seems to tick all the boxes, will try them this week.

Yep your right cool cars I love mine

tamarillo, Sep 14, 11:15pm
Sounds good.

kazbanz, Sep 15, 12:17am
toppo-I genuinely feel your best bet is going to be reshaping the back and bottom of a expanded foam booster seat to fit your cars seat.
You could then pull the cover back on and tighten it underneath and at the back.
Basicly what you would be doing is what the Touring car drivers do for endurance events. Because it was shaped to the seat it will be easy to remove and replace but will meet any legal requirements.
Keep in mind its 3 more years you need the darn thing for.

kazbanz, Sep 16, 11:55pm
I bet she's as happy as dude. Its something I'd like to do with baby Kaz.
I wonder what the reaction from the cop[s would be if the entire seat was in fact a "booster" ie shaped for a kid.

lookoutas, Jun 18, 6:39pm
Hey toppo - Can you make something that slips into the cut-out.
I can imagine how you must feel about driving along with your precious girl sitting there seemingly ready to zip straight out the void.
Even if it went only half-way up.

Used to work with a helicopter pilot who would bring his Jack Russell along for the ride.
No doors on, and this little fulla used to sit on the passengers seat while he went off spraying!
They are commonly called a "Jump Seat"