On road cost?

cccc3, Nov 26, 4:22am
Can someone help me please. I am looking to buy a trailer on here. The auction states that the on road cost is not included, What does this mean,? I asked if it has a wof and rego and the seller replied with, no on road cost included. The trailer is only 18 months old, surely it would have a wof. and or some rego.

toyboy3, Nov 26, 4:32am
Does the trailer have a number plate ?

cccc3, Nov 26, 4:38am
I can't see one in the photos,

toyboy3, Nov 26, 4:41am
Then ring VTNZ and ask them how much to get on the system

bashfulbro, Nov 26, 4:46am
Careful, the owner may be saving the rego & WOF for another trailer.

cccc3, Nov 26, 4:59am
Thanks, I will ring the VTNZ,. I was planning on buying it and towing it home that day , guess I can't with no rego or wof.,It.s 3 hours away.

msigg, Nov 26, 5:04am
Just need to get a new plate from post office and pay $35-40 for plate, then get wof.

toyboy3, Nov 26, 5:04am
Is it a made in China trailer ?

cccc3, Nov 26, 5:16am
If it is I will not buy it.

kazbanz, Sep 8, 11:14am
cccc3-the trailer is advertised as is where is . NO WOF and no rego.
The more important part of that is that the trailer has NOT had a WOF carried out. You don't know if its bent,wheel bearings shot,coupling shot,rusty,tyres shot, lights not working etc. so you have no idea if its actually safe to be on the road.
If you were just down the road from the seller I'd say good calculated risk.once you check it over.3 hours away is a long way without as a minimum a WOF inspection to check its safe.
Registration wise a trailer is very easy to deal with.Walk into VTNZ or any other testing station. Fill out the form pay just over $90 and you have a brand new 12 month trailer rego in your name.