Dash warning lights not turning ofI.

thebluboy, Nov 11, 4:45am
94 Diesel Estima
Having to jump start vehicle it starts fine but as soon as you go to move it dies and while it's running and idling the dash warning lights that come on when you first turn they key on done turn off. Is this something to do with ignition?

franc123, Nov 11, 5:23am
Crook alternator probably, it usually causes the battery light plus several others to stay on when its no longer charging, the battery must be pretty flat by now if its stalling. You are going to have to get help from an auto sparky. Check the drive belt to make sure its not broken or slipping first but usually if that happens on diesel steamers it will also lose power steering.

johotech, Nov 11, 5:50am
Would it do basically the same thing with a dead battery Franc?

bigfatmat1, Nov 11, 6:00am
very rarely would a dead battery cause the alternator warning light to stay on. It would have to have a pretty serious internal fault

thebluboy, Nov 11, 6:07am
Ok thanks. Battery indicator still showing green.

intrade, Nov 11, 9:38pm
ok how much do you know poster 1 do you know there is most probably just 1 power wire to make your diesel engine stop ?
You need to discribe in much better detail what you are doing and what it is doing like what do you mean ignition? do you mean the ignition key barrel circuit? and yes i wont rule that out as a problem for your symptom discription.

thebluboy, Nov 12, 1:02am
1. I jump start vehicle, it starts fine.

2. I have to give it some revs while removing jumper leads because if I don't it will die pretty quickly.

3. With vehicle still running and jumper leads removed all the warning lights on the dash that usually only stay on when key is in the "on" position remain on.

4. I put vehicle into drive and if I don't rev it enough it will die.

That's the best I can do.

intrade, Nov 12, 1:23am
you need to test the battery for faults and if it is ok fully charge it up and then move on to next thing like is the alternator charging correct or not

bigfatmat1, Nov 12, 2:40am
No it is not that's why the light is on. ! If op wants to check it themselves. The big bolt on wire on the alternator should have battery voltage. If not replace blowen fusible link. If it does remove two pin plug from alternator and check for power with ign on also check for a lower voltage on other pin if ok remove & fix or replace alternator.

thebluboy, Oct 22, 2:29am
Thanks, will try today.