Petrol $5 fill up - would you?

Page 2 / 2
nesta129, Dec 20, 9:14am
I do the same as well as some places charge more for gas than others!

headcat, Dec 20, 7:19pm
Easier still if you put in $100

nzdoug, Dec 20, 7:30pm
Back in 66 $3.80 would fill the beetle.
20 gallons 19 cents a gallon 5 cents a litre.

a.woodrow, Dec 20, 7:50pm
At the local station the other day, woman in front of me went up to the counter. She wanted to pay in advance because she didn't know if her card would decline. Tried $15, declined. Tried $12.50, declined, tried $10 Woohoo we're in business. she goes out to fill up. I walk up , pay and leave. As I'm getting in to my car I happen to look over at her van, can see the kids all inside stuffing themselves with mcdonalds. At least she fed the sprogs first I guess.

monsieurl, Dec 21, 12:33am
I'm more amazed at all you old buggers who can remember petrol being that cheap actually able to use a computer. Bravo you old fellas, Bravo!

toyboy3, Dec 21, 12:57am
I worked at a petrol station and wasn't uncommon to see a car in 3 or 4 times a day for $5 fuel each time it was a communal car everybody put only enough to do their journey

lexmark44, Dec 21, 1:13am
I remember when petrol was 2 pennies a barrel and we got back the penny when we returned the barrel.

tigger8, Dec 21, 1:25am
come a bit closer to your screen you young whipper snapper and I'll hit you with my zimmer frame LOL

robbo36, Dec 21, 1:38am
Same thing used to happen when I worked at a Mobil service station in the early 80's. Certain people would pull up on the forecourt and leave their engine idling in their Valiant or V8 HQ, saying, "it won't start if I turn it off", put $2 petrol in, pay in 1's, 2's and 5 cent coins, and proceed to fang it out of the forecourt like a bat out of hell. I used to think to myself,
"well there goes ya $2 gas mate". Few hours later, they would be back again doing the same thing. Lol

jason_247, Dec 21, 1:51am
I recently saw a women count out her change on the roof of the car with her kids in the back seat.

She counted it up and put $13 in the car.

I had just filled mine with 98 ~ $140 so got the clerk to add hers on too my bill.

Was driving away when she found out, looked like she was about to cry.

Good deed for the day.

sunset, Dec 22, 9:54am
WHAT CAR DO YOU HAVE . IT STATES THE GST ON THE INVOICE. HOW ODD WHAT YOU SAID HOW ODD

richardmayes, Dec 22, 6:31pm
I don't understand it at all. everyone is made of money like me, right?

howie69, Dec 22, 6:34pm
Got dual tanks on my Chev pickup, and it cost last time I filled both $300. Usually have one full and one in use. Swap them over when one gets empty and just have to refill one at a time. If I have to fill the Mustang in the same period it is a tad expensive

bjmh, Dec 22, 6:45pm
when I first got married . last century ,I used to have to rat around for 35 cents for a bottle of milk and rode a pushbike to work. so I guess there still are people who struggle to find petrol money. good on you jason_247 (

zak1998, Dec 23, 1:57am
Full to empty what a waste of time doing $10 here or $20 there

scuba, Dec 23, 10:09am
well done , was about to say sometimes $5 is all people have left in their wallet- been there done that.

scuba, Dec 23, 10:15am
now your showing your age- should have heard the complaints when it went to 50 cents a gallon- mates old man sold his Plymouth Road runner in disgust we were gutted.

howie69, Dec 23, 7:25pm
many years ago my uncle had just bought a taxi after scrimping and saving. Election came round soon after and he voted Labour because they told voters they wouldn't increase prices. Within a month they added to the petrol tax. He was so pissed he never again voted labour until he died. My Uncle was a great guy but man did he hold a grudge against labour

smallwoods, Dec 23, 7:31pm
Lol at you lot.

I used the square tins to fill up and had to wait for the wife to walk in front with the flag when driving, so as not to spook the horses.

urbanrefugee54, Dec 25, 7:14am
I never fill my vehicle before I get groceries & will get $5 or $10 to tide me over until then. reason: if someone is going to steal my vehicle from a mall/supermarket carpark - YOU aren't getting much petrol to cruise around in. I will hunt you down cause I know how far my vehicle will have to go before it has to refuel & it's not far.

taion, Dec 26, 5:33am
sif man, 20 bucks will do me a week of going to and from work

sr2, Jan 14, 3:56pm
LOL, if an old bent muso like me can manage to use an XL spread sheet to work out his GST and tax returns I'm sure you can.