Petrol $5 fill up - would you?

Page 1 / 2
willy911, Jan 1, 7:51am
and geeez nev,that mk1 with the raymond maze head sounded beautifull. lol

babcorp, Jan 2, 11:06pm
Most often then not fuel always seems cheaper here locally than anywhere out of town so fill locally. But if I'm dragging the boat off to anywhere I'll fill the boat at my destination rather than dragging an extra 100 plus kg's of fuel onboard.

formal1, Jan 3, 12:13am
That was a really nice thing to do and probably made that lady's day. Good on you.

scoobeey, Jan 3, 10:58am
I put in 40 bk a time which fills car lol do neally 600km

mcscottwgtn, Dec 19, 6:08am
Watched the bloke in front of me fill his corolla 4wd wagon with $5 worth of petrol, being 2.5 litres. I shoved $10 worth of the same stuff, being 5 litres into a jerry can for my weedeater.
Told my nephew about it and he said people in Perth do similar things to get them to the next day - being a cheap fuel day in Perth!

lissa25, Dec 19, 6:11am
Nope, can't be arsed mucking about at the servo, fill it up every time, sometimes lasts a day sometimes a fortnight, but always fill up.

mcscottwgtn, Dec 19, 6:14am
Me too - fill it up.

sw20, Dec 19, 6:19am
I was at the gas station a while back and saw a late model STI WRX being filled up with 91. Well $10 went in. Good way to show it's on tick.

curlcrown, Dec 19, 6:19am
If I'm desperate for petrol and they are overpriced I put $10 in and get more ate a different station, its not about penny pinching but the ones that charge to much can F themselves.

ozz1, Dec 19, 6:43am
my first job was a fuel station. 8 cents a litre. so $5 was nearlly full.

ambo11, Dec 19, 6:53am
Know a bloke who travels 50km a day to work, and puts in $10 at a time. his reason being if the car gets knicked, or it blows up, he does not lose money, so he is often coming home with fuel light on. my god. I hate getting gas, so will only go in to completely fill the tank. Also watched another woman in Levin at the gas station the other day, crappy old Ford laser, young child in the back, and she had $20. Asked for ciggies which were $14.50 and then put $5.50 gas in the car. Astounded.

oversize, Dec 19, 6:55am
stuff that I always fill it up.
may not have a flash car but I can afford to fill the damn thing with gas

timmo1, Dec 19, 7:04am
Some people's time is cheap.

tony9, Dec 19, 7:05am
Not been working long then? I recall it at 1/3d a gallon.

3tomany, Dec 19, 7:06am
I like your attitude

mcscottwgtn, Dec 19, 7:10am
I asked the attendant if they purchased anything else expecting the answer to be fags! They didn't.
My brother used to say I had a bad attitude! They say assumption is the mother of all f ups.

bigfatmat1, Dec 19, 7:17am
showing ya age thought it would of been pennies that long ago

m16d, Dec 19, 8:45am
Crikey you must be old. I can remember filling my motorbike up and still having change from 10bob.

neville48, Dec 19, 8:53am
yep, remember same time when 40c a gallon of gas and 40c a 750ml bottle of beer and 34c a packet of ciggies. aaaah the good old days haha.

melonhead1, Dec 19, 8:54am
And $10 per week pay.

saxman99, Dec 19, 9:23am
A fill up from dry in my car would cost about $190 so I don't tend to fill it! Also I need to add it all up for tax reasons each year so I put in a standard $90 each time to make the math easier.

franc123, Dec 19, 9:48am
That's standard behaviour, the idiots that buy those things haven't got much left after the HP and weekly insurance payments have gone out, the slot in the bonnet works like an ATM but the money flows in not out.

cammey, Dec 19, 10:23pm
Yes, I will put just enough in to get to a competitively priced gas station.

I don't like sending the signal to the overpriced guys that its OK to clip me.

jason18, Dec 20, 6:29am
I like it when in pull in and see someone chuck 5 bucks fas in. They then buy a pack of smokes and a cigi lighter. Priorities are strong

tigertim20, Dec 20, 8:38am
probably a few out there who cant afford to just fill a car up if they're struggling. If I was ever that desperate, I reckon Id put it in a petrol can and tip it into the car later - Id feel like a muppet throwing a fiver into the car! .

Maybe its the day before pay day and thats all he had left?