Noisy Exhausts - a question for the WOF Inspectors

Page 2 / 2
cmscott111, Jul 3, 6:27am
If you have a stupid big exhaust like that you are a boy racer and need to get a life.

Cops can give tickets for it which has a lot of demerits and boy racers love to whinge about it, it doesnt appear to be a saftey issue which is why they get a warrant, its a noise issue so deserves a few tickets

cmscott111, Jul 3, 6:29am
tell your local cops in the traffic section, they just love dealing to boy racers

brapbrap8, Jul 3, 7:26am
Ah, hadn't heard that one.

melonhead1, Jul 3, 8:47am
Fart cans are so ghey. If boy racers had a brain they'd make their car quiet because as it stands you just follow the noise to catch them.

2sheddies, Jul 3, 11:08am
Very true. I also think the slightly older generations lean more towards showing consideration. Many in their teens and early 20's appear not to have been taught how to show consideration among other things, and seem to be more 'it's all about me and to hell with others' type, whereas older people display those values more often.

I do admit to generalizing massively. not all older people are considerate, and there are many young ones who are.

serf407, Jul 3, 7:54pm
In time there will be a fossil fuels ban = no more noise cans, though probably will have to put electronically generated sounds on the electric car for safety reasons which some will choose to amplify.

skiff1, Mar 30, 2:02am
not after you've driven them for a year or two. Harvester drivers are all bloody stone deaf by 25!