New Hilux Ad

survivalkiwi, Dec 1, 6:11pm
I agree. I can not believe peoples attitude to it.
So many people in this country think it is a good idea to protect kids from real life. Meat is from animals. People do eat ducks, deer, quails, fish and pretty fluffy bunny wabbits.
We all were born naked and we all die. Some of us will die at a very inconveiniant time.
And those animals are not real talking animals.
I hope these kids never see an episode of Davy Crockett.

klrider, Dec 1, 7:13pm
Unbelievable, there is someone there claiming it glorifies suicide, how do these people manage to put their pants on in the morning.

intrade, Dec 1, 9:01pm
a real stupid add is the one from signa insurance where the kid poures milk on the floor . endorcing stupidity and incompetence in paranting in a tv add, probably works to get the attention of all these dumb people out there whom are oxigen theives in my opinion.

fruitbat, Dec 1, 9:10pm
Still. I don't like the Ad. Too much focus on the wrong stuff. instead of the vehicle. I think it's cluttered and messy. I own a Hi Lux. They could have done better.

rsr72, Dec 1, 9:13pm
A tied-down blonde in a bikini might get better attention?

ntalke, Dec 1, 9:33pm
Reckon that ISIS had a hand in making this Ad seem they are the major user

eagles9999, Dec 1, 10:22pm
The advert for the cargo van with the Cummings motor ( I forget the name . Foton?) has the voice over saying that the price is exclusive of GST and ORC. Exclusive of GST? I bet there a good % of commercial vehicles in private hands, so there a solid reason to publicise the actual price.

eagles9999, Dec 1, 10:25pm
Probably the featured telephone enquirer is a solo Mum trying to bring up obstreperous kids in which case Cigna has the wrong target. Still its better than the Funeral Insurance they keep trying to sell

tamarillo, Dec 1, 10:36pm
So, having respect for other life forms like animals makes me a poofter? And PC?
2 labels I never expected.
What is a good name for someone who disrespects people with a different view point?

tigra, Dec 1, 10:38pm
tamarillo wrote:
What is a good name for someone who disrespects people with a different view point?[/quote
Tam something?

phillip.weston, Dec 1, 11:47pm
I don't particularly like the ad either. I can see their reasoning and thought behind it but it's just poor execution (excuse the pun).

rsr72, Dec 1, 11:59pm
Yep, the 'HiLux wars' get heaps of media attention these days for Toyota with HiLux's being the widespread weapon-carrier of choice.
Even the US government recently asked Toyota where are the all the Hilux's coming from.

mm12345, Dec 2, 3:06am
Take a chill-pill.
The ad is an animation. They aren't real. It's supposed to be funny - but for some reason you don't get the joke. Now think of the funniest jokes you've ever heard, and unless they happen to be "knock-knock" jokes or "shaggy dog stories", almost all jokes mock or ridicule a victim. Now it's not nice when that's perpetuating bigotry and intolerance, but it's also not very nice when the target of the joke is you - especially if you lack humour and "don't get it".
The joke is on all the people whining about something they've made up in their heads. I'm laughing at them - well done Toyota.
About the only people who could or should be offended are "moral" vegans - 'cause they've actually made the choice and effort to avoid being part of a food chain involving exploitation of animals. But there's no reason why they should be any more offended by that ad than one for hamburgers or fly spray or by watching Masterchef.
If the ad had been glorifying shooting the last white rhinos or snow leopards for trophies, then yeah - but it isn't.
I don't hunt any more, but I used to, and I loved it. It is part of a NZ way of life - even for some city slickers.

mals69, Dec 2, 3:38am
IMHO Anyone liking the advert just improve your life - folk that like shite like that advert just unhappy with their life if they bother to take a look.
Even one plonker blowing on about city folk like they weak - yeah no all blacks come from the city. 2015 not 1970 !

morrisjvan, Aug 11, 10:07am
proof- reading is a dieing art eh?