Holden Malibu

kam04, Jun 18, 2:24am
Any comments good or bad ?

monaro17, Jun 18, 3:27am
To be honest I haven't heard much about them. So that in itself is good news- no news is good news. The little I have heard and read in reviews is that they are a heck of a lot better than the truly tragic Epica that it replaced. Are you looking at buying brand new or second-hand?

tamarillo, Jun 18, 3:59am
Drove a rental one, better than the awful epica, and was ok all round but that's all. Read a few Aussie tests as well, they say is is underwhelming and suggest one can do better. New model mondeo thrashes it especially with beefier engine versions. Mazda 6 does too. And if you're not interested in driving dynamics and just want dependable then Camry is better.
It's okay, but others are better.
Holden will start bringing in the Opel models soon which will be more modern devices and outclass this.

jusay, Jun 18, 7:14am
We run them on our rental fleet, in fact am driving one tonight. As Tamarillo says, better than the Epica, but that's damning with faint praise. If you're remotely a "car guy", walk away. They are the definition of bland. On the other hand, if you've ever driven and liked a Marina, you'll feel right at home.

kam04, Jun 18, 7:28am
Thanks for the comments. I'm really just tyre kicking at the moment. Will be retiring in a few weeks and will be trading my van ( 2008 Hiace) in on something.

monaro17, Jun 18, 8:03am
Also be sure to look at Mazda 6 (the diesel if you can afford it) or the newly released Ford Mondeo

brapbrap8, Jun 18, 11:13am
Ford has an ad on the radio for ex lease 2013 Mondeos for $18,990 with a factory warranty. Wouldn't be a bad deal.

jfstyle, Jun 20, 7:51am
If you are going to buy a used mondeo get a facelift diesel and if you can a titatium.active cruise lane departure warning auto dip headlights and see around corner lights to mention a bit. Volvo safety Peugeot diesel and German getrag trans.
Jonathan

doglover2003, May 22, 3:36am
No doubt another junk holden product - my as well
by a vaxuall if that the build quality you after.
Go japanese !