Oh.the "good old days" lol.

attitudedesignz, Jun 22, 5:00am

dave653, Jun 22, 5:44am
Jeez ya not wrong! Real grouse. $2.58 to feed three, and they left most of it behind! Sad that todays dicks have ruined it for real drivers! Loved it.

whqqsh, Jun 22, 6:21am
used to fill the tank, a few beers at the pub, cruise all night, park up & catch up with mates or check out others cars, hoon around a bit, flat out home down the motorway with no worries. Go into Queen St now & its dead as a dodo by comparison.

marmar1, Jun 22, 6:49am
I Remember all the motorcyclists that use to hang out the front of maccas.

dave653, Jun 22, 7:58am
NZ had MacDonalds back then? I know the place failed miserably when Jappas came on the market! I still have the car I bought in '85, still hate jappas! Mates uncle had a Candy red Mk3 with 327 and PowerGlide, I almost bought a fresh V6 Capri, yellow/black yinyl roof, old man had XF wagon, uncle had late '60s Vauxhall, nuther uncle had HQ Prem. Yeh, what happened?

trogedon, Jun 22, 8:44am
It can't be Queen Street there's no Polynesians or Asians!

dave653, Jun 22, 9:00am
Don't fret love. they are on thier way!

sr2, Jun 22, 9:21am
LOL; what happened was that we all grew up!
Oh the exhuberance of youth, I think most of us oldies would be bored out of our minds doing it all over again. (With the exception of the cringe worthy few who insist on trying to relive their youth over and over again like groundhog day).

poppy62, Jun 22, 9:20pm
Have to agree Sr2, some real embarrassing and cringe worthy moments from back then spring to mind. I find by making a few gruff noises or la,la, laaaaing helps to overcome the not so nice parts of days gone by. Although it appears I still haven't completely learned the lessons.

kazbanz, Jun 22, 9:40pm
That was the very late 80\s early 90's dude. When that was filmed there was no macca's -White lady was where you got a feed.
Used to be the bikers hang out was down the Nags head.
Then when it was Jappas the hang out was darby street.
There used to be a pub just round the corner.

kazbanz, Jun 22, 9:46pm
There were a fair few jappa cars around then--made in NZ stuff like Datsun sunnys and Toyota corollas.
I could be wrong but I think I remember that being filmed. They put a big advert in the herald for a cruise night and there were a heap of unpaid extras.
That was back in the days of Auckland council having their own traffic department based up on Mayoral drive.

ladatrouble, Jun 23, 12:12am
In the '70's it was 246, before McDonalds was heard of.

elect70, Jun 23, 3:29am
You mean like playing in a band remaking 80 hits ?

sr2, Jun 23, 4:09am
LOL, I was thinking more of those geriatric Teddyboys with their old slappers dressed up in their rock'roll skirts that haunt the local Hotrod clubs!

(Shudders at the thought!)

trogedon, Jun 23, 5:18am
Rock n roll clubs too - like my half sister and brother n law.

neldo8, Jun 24, 9:19am
Spew down the side of the mk 3 old Ford jacked up shackel style lol classic stuff I rember mount maunganui those days bear feet jeans black jearsys on the piss new years etc bit of freedom compared to now

sr2, May 3, 1:14am
Yeah, life sure has a way of getting a little more complicated as you get older and take on more responsibilities.