Knock sensor fault.

towelynz, Apr 9, 12:28am
If I replace the knock sensor with good one, will the engine check light stay off, or will I need to get someone to "plug it in" to clear fault? Car is 95 Accord, H22a engine. I intend to replace the sensor and see what happens anyway. What's the worst that can happen? lol

Thanks!

bigfatmat1, Apr 9, 12:46am
Light will go off pretty sure if you disconnect battery it will also delete code on this particular vehicle

intrade, Apr 9, 12:48am
well how do you determen the knock sensor is faulty.?
the check enigine light should go out if the fault is fixed , the code will stay stored sometimes in memmory untill its whiped.
if it wont go out then when you replace a good knock sensor for another good knock sensor then the light will stay lit and the problem is not the component but something else causing it to operate outside the window of controll in the circuit.

franc123, Apr 9, 12:54am
A guy I worked with a few years back who was a Honda tech for some years both here and in Oz said its real important to get the exact sensor for that engine, preferably from Honda themselves from their part listings, and not something that looks similar and happens to fit in the hole. Apparently some effort is put into tuning these sensors to specific motors, which may or may not lead to random setting of codes. After seeing this actually happen with an aftermarket sensor I believed him.

towelynz, Apr 9, 1:05am
Upon visual inspection of engine, sensor was found to be broken, and what was left was hanging from plug, completely disconnected from engine. I'm pretty sure that's the fault.

towelynz, Apr 9, 1:07am
Got exact replacement sensor. Will let ya know how I get on.

towelynz, Mar 20, 5:17pm
Engine check light staying off with new sensor plugged in and attached to block.