Water powered car ?

bashfulbro, May 5, 4:37am

intrade, May 5, 4:56am
i just googled things it all dont makes a lot of sense i would assume they dont actuarly tell what they use because what they write wont work and the media released stuff will be bulls if you got a clue so there will be a other element they wont ever tell you what it is or the chinese would copy it in a flash
otherwise its in the same catagory as dinamo who can walk on water.

seadubya, May 5, 5:51am
Quite a few stories about it in the last week. http://www.sciencealert.com/audi-have-successfully-made-diesel-fuel-from-air-and-water understandable that it hasn't been copied since it is such a new technology, hope it works out!

seadubya, May 5, 5:52am
In fact the Wanka from Germany's ministry of education and research is already using it in an A8.

tony9, May 5, 6:46am
They are hoping for a cost per litre of 1 - 1.5 Euro. That is $NZ1.5 to $NZ2.20.

At the moment diesel here costs about $0.50 per litre (no tax etc.).

Probably better to look at straight hydrogen and work out storage etc.

tweake, May 5, 8:23am
they are basically turning electrical power into chemical power.
the big question will be where on earth are they going to get HUGE amounts of cheap electricity from.

thejazzpianoma, May 5, 8:28am
It will likely couple very nicely with the huge advances in Nuclear energy that are also coming along nicely.

Also, you don't technically need electricity, just heat.

tweake, May 5, 8:38am
true and that would couple nicely with nuclear reactors, pity germany is getting rid of the nukes.

travis47, May 5, 7:11pm
That depends on the process. I would wager that it will use some electricity and the process also required high pressure and the most likely way of getting that is with electricity

pattym1, Feb 12, 10:18am
my central computer on my old BM filled up with water after some heavy rain the other day. it was not good. water powered it wasnt