My wife likes this, so please tell me they're good

timmo1, Nov 24, 7:45pm
Good price for that car and it's well specc'd.

poppy62, Nov 24, 7:48pm
At least the depreciation factor has almost reached the chasm at the bottom of the Kaz Cliff. The one he mentions in the Fiat Punto thread.

vtecintegra, Nov 24, 8:18pm
Do note that car is ex-Singapore

intrade, Nov 24, 9:04pm
v6 only one problem most v einges blow out the rear cilinder bank and yes toyota are amoung em as well, dont ask me why coolant neglect . disigne of rear head cooling poorer i dont know but its always the rear bank gone if you have a head problem. ah yea lexus is just lugurious toyota

vtecintegra, Nov 24, 9:06pm
It isn't a V6

intrade, Nov 24, 9:07pm
inline 6? be fine then something looks wrong with cc also 2 liter 6 only one i know is the gt6 triumph with a 2 liter and some toy like pistons in size to make 2 liter
ah yea engine bay dont look like v but it also dont look like a 2 liter maybe 2 liter american CC lol

grangies, Nov 24, 9:19pm
Thanks all so far. I'll probably check it out this afternoon, and take it down to my mechanic for a looksie. I can do the full body inspection, as I'm in panel and paint, but need a mechanical opinion. Cheers.

vtecintegra, Nov 24, 9:26pm
It's essentially Toyota's answer to the 3 series which (at the time) also had a 2l I6

Lots of manufacturers did small sixes back in the 80s and 90s but they've since fallen out of favour, the smallest around was the Mitsi 1.6l V6

intrade, Nov 24, 9:29pm
dont take to long good things dont last.
my mate wanted to buy a old mercedes with only 45,000km on the meter for 10 grand i think and by the time he had called germany merc garage mate to find out if these had problems the thing was gone sold . already

tamarillo, Nov 24, 9:29pm
Did she look at mark X too? Much more modern car along same lines.

grangies, Nov 24, 9:48pm
Bugger . It sold already. lol

darryl, Nov 25, 12:01am
Pretty sure the Skyline I had years ago was a 2l inline 6 cyl

galex, Nov 25, 1:24am
Yep as was my Triumph 2000 and 1989 Nissan Cefiro RWD

craigsmith, Nov 25, 2:53am
Don't feel bad. Most Singapore imports have their odos wound back. You probably dodged a bullet.

kazbanz, Nov 26, 7:05pm
hey grangies. -u'd prolly b welcum tahh test drive that brevis in west auck ta see iffn the missus likes em. is not 4 sale but ud see if she likes the lexus/Toyota rwd feel

bashfulbro, Nov 26, 9:45pm
Love it, but get a V8

intrade, Nov 26, 10:28pm
well he aither owns it or he waited to long i warned him about that.
Sorry, this classified has expired.

ema1, Nov 27, 12:09am
Toyota used 2 litre inline 6 cylinder engines in lots of their "bigger" bodied cars right up to recently as well as 2.5 litre and 3 litre.
Lots of them were turbo charged and went rather well. I owned 6 or 7 Cressida's GLi 6 models from the 1980-90's when they were nearer to new and they were excellent cars too.
Certain models of Toyota Crowns had em too as well as other smaller bodied Toyota's/Lexus in various forms.
Nissan also produced heaps of 2 litre 6 cylinder cars back aways and Holden Commodore used both 2 litre and 3 litre Nissan built 6 cylinder engines in the VL series cars.
Plenty of 2 litre 6 cylinder cars out there still, where have you been intrade?
Even Mercedes Benz & BMW made 6 cylinder engines around the 2+ litre size for many years with enviable success. BMW 320 and Mercedes 220S & SE W111cars at 2195cc size.

stevo2, Nov 27, 4:58am
Snoops has hijacked Kaz' account me thinks?

lookoutas, Nov 27, 6:22am
"Snooze you looze."

kazbanz, Nov 27, 7:44pm
LOL nahh mate just don't want some fwit accusing me of self promotion.

lookoutas, Sep 1, 11:14am
I'm glad that eliminates a lot of us.