Fine etc for doing 243kph on the road?

Page 1 / 2
lusty9, Jan 20, 8:34pm
he would lose it, you try doing a U-eee and getting up to speed while the other driver is maintaining 190 which equates to 100mtres every few seconds, probably corners and other turns.

pericles1, Jan 20, 9:27pm
XR8's cut at 230kph. they don't like getting passed by Japanese sedans at that speed

therafter1, Jan 20, 11:47pm

trogedon, Jan 21, 9:31am
I tend to believe him.

golfdiver, Jan 21, 8:00pm
It was Jazz in his Fiat camper wasn't it?

trogedon, Dec 24, 11:47pm
He'd be walking + $X + ?

unclejake, Dec 25, 12:08am
I think it would be a court appearance so the judge would set the fine on the day

movnon, Dec 25, 12:19am
would be 50 demerit points,28 days roadside disqualification,vehicle impounded for 28 days, charged with reckless or dangerous driving & a court appearance with judge setting a fine.

saxman99, Dec 25, 12:37am
A bloke I know was busted at 236 and was handed a $2500 fine which at the time was the max possible fine for speeding.

He didn't receive other sanctions due to having diplomatic immunity.

trogedon, Dec 25, 4:54am
I suppose its a good thing his wasn't stopped and normally rides more slowly.

alfred011, Dec 27, 10:21am
He obviously didn't get pulled over by a crappy old holden then, it would never have caught up, I heard on the scanner one day a cop was passed by a car going 190 km/hr the other direction he thought he could turn around and chase it but he strangely lost it ,he must of thought he had a fast car.

sw20, Dec 27, 10:54am
Licence suspended for 28 days on the spot. Court appearance for dangerous driving. Speeding fine would be $630 + court costs alone. Dangerous driving charge would be even more.

bumfacingdown, Dec 27, 7:38pm
Cool story

kazbanz, Dec 27, 9:54pm
Mind you- given cop is stationary and you are doing 243 would you bother slowing down?.Im thinking nope you are about as screwed as you are gonna be anyway.

les6, Dec 28, 12:57am
not necessarily,a car that goes that fast is usually a bit up market and would be well equipped in the gauges dept?

peanuteater, Dec 28, 1:16am
That speed is WELL in the range for many bikes.

esky-tastic, Dec 28, 2:25am
You can do 234kph on a road with no penalty

As long as you don't get caught.

or hit something large and stationary!

bumfacingdown, Dec 29, 3:18am
What is it with the Waikato, funny water up there?

r.g.nixon, Dec 29, 3:23am
Is there a central median barrier? Were the conditions (weather, road surface, traffic) very good? Did the car have excellent suspension, tyres, brakes, steering? Did the driver have near perfect health and 20/20 vision? Did the driver have many 1000s of km of driving experience?

Then it is possible that this might not be considered 'dangerous driving'. Just saying.

brapbrap8, Dec 29, 4:11am
In tests, expensive supercars have the least accurate gauges.
Saw in a magazine once that the Lamborghini Gallardo had the least accurate speedo of any car tested by the magazine.

trogedon, Dec 29, 4:39am
He was on his Triumph 675 sports bike and it was still pulling hard.

bumfacingdown, Dec 29, 5:36am
Mind you, when you get up to that speed its fast, speedo or not

hamishcookie, Dec 29, 5:53am
even small and moving slowly is going to ruin your day

unideck, Dec 29, 6:07am
So I take it our useless lawmakers got that 1km limit introduced?

esky-tastic, Dec 29, 7:42am
What the hell you talkin' 'bout Willis?