Terrano diff bushes

morrisman1, Feb 28, 6:58am
Im borrowing a r50 terrano 3.2 diesel as a tow wagon for a road trip. Its got a little wobble in the rear end when over bumps at around 70 to 100. Ive had a look and found a flogged bush on the upper trailing arm and think this might be the cause.

Is it a big job on these? I don't have much time to work on it before I depart.

franc123, Feb 28, 7:09am
It is if you've not done them before. The link needs to be removed, and the metal sleeve and rubber bush melted out with an oxy torch, and then the outer shell cut out followed by a new bush pressed in, and you need a pretty good press to do it. Have fun.

goron56, Feb 28, 7:13am
Not a big job if the bolts aren't rusted into the bush inner sleeve's,you will need a press to push the old bushes out and the new one's in.Use rubber grease to push new one's in,hope this helps.

gmphil, Feb 28, 7:24am
yes will be upper arm ! couple months back did my mates. I got the got the bushes from sas and took me three hours most of that was get bolts out but u will need press to get them in and out the bush from the arm !

xs1100, Feb 28, 10:11am
and don't do the final tighten until all 4 wheels back on ground and had a bounce around

franc123, May 23, 11:57am
If you are in a hurry it might be worth having a sniff round the local wreckers and see what's there, its a common problem and you might just get lucky if one has had a smack in the front not long after the bushes have been done. Its also the sort of thing that BNT may POSSIBLY do as a bolt in complete link these days, give them a ring too. Nissan dealer should have the bushes in stock but obviously the above procedure will apply.