2007 Holden Vectra 2.2

budgel, May 28, 10:24pm
A mate is considering buying one (156K) of these and asked my opinion.
Opinionated as I am, I had nothing to offer having ridden in one once and barely remembered that.
He has been driving one on loan and finds it unremarkable, but pleasant and comfortable.
Apart from being a bit of an orphan (my words), is there anything in particular to be wary of? The price at around $4500 seemed reasonable for the year.

intrade, May 28, 10:32pm
is it nz new because i find parts are cheap to get and usa cars usually have real good support for aftermarket wiring diagrams component testing and there likes. it might fail if not serviced correct but so will all the new toyotas and nissans so in that aspect your not buying anything worse then the rest of the junk out there.
Service history and correct checking of the health of the vehicle with a oem diagnostic scanner would be what to do ,
if it is a neglected car it will be a lemon just like a neglected 2007 toyota or nissan will be the same sort of lemon car.

budgel, May 28, 10:38pm
It isnt a USA car, but has been well maintained.

tamarillo, May 29, 3:20am
Don't think Intrade meant from USA , not possible!
Vectra was a rebadged Opel, also sold as Vauxhall in UK. Perfectly good car that did nothing wrong but just didn't capture the australiasian market like the mondeo or Mazda 6 did. Much much better than the car Holden replaced it with being the dreadful daewoo epica. The vectra was, I think, discounted by 2007 to clear a stockpile.
Good cars, arguably not built as well as a good jappa but plenty of people get great service from them.

phillip.weston, Aug 28, 6:36pm
I had a 2006 Vectra 2.2 CD 5spd manual with 160k while I was in Australia. Your comments are correct, they are a fairly good solid car but quite unremarkable. The early 2.2s suffer from a timing chain tensioner failure but from 2005ish onwards they were recalled and replaced with an updated unit. Nothing else really goes wrong with them. The front brake rotor replacement depends on your chassis number as there were a few types over the last years of production. I bought mine for $2000 and managed to sell for $5000 two years ago.