Subaru guru req'd. foresters.

jezz43, Apr 14, 5:58am
Bought a 98 sf5 t/tb a few months back, ran sweet, trans suddenly packed a sad, couldnt find a replacement, so figured a manual conversion shouldnt be hard right?. wrong

Ive got wires everywhere that plug into nothing and need some light shed on this,

First thing i want to know is do the manuals have a tcs ecu above the steering column like the autos? Or is it controlled by the main ecu?
Next issue, ive got a white 2pin plug floating around by the boost solenoid but cant find a home for it?
Next issue. lol, abs pump wont plug in, cant be bothered buying another, whats the go with removing abs?

Ive got heaps more but will see whos got info on this. TIA

mugenb20b, Apr 14, 7:22am
I wouldn't have a clue.

mugenb20b, Apr 14, 7:26am
Umm. yeah, I don't think you can do that as you'll end up opening a whole new can of worms. What I'd do is simply buy a new car, I couldn't be bothered investing so much time to gain so little.

intrade, Apr 14, 9:15am
you need a wiring harness from a manual and a manual ecu. if the ecu is a dual ecu for engine and transmission in 1 ecu not 2 ecus then you have no other option. and even if it is seperated you will have a huge nightmare as the engine wants to see shift-impots from the automatic trans for fuel calculations .

jezz43, Apr 14, 9:45am
Ive transplanted the manual harness and ecu from a 97 s/tb into it, ive just got alot of plugs dormant under dash and donor car is barren

aredwood, Apr 14, 1:03pm
Is the old gearbox the 4EAT 4 speed auto or the 5 speed auto? And is it separate ECUs for engine or gearbox or not? You should be able to figure it out just looking at the wiring looms.

And there is no way you are going to get the twin turbo setup working with a single turbo ECU and loom. (unless you remove the 2 turbos and convert it to single turbo).

On the first gen legacy's about the only electrical mods needed to do an auto to manual conversion is unplug the gearbox ECU, and re connect up the starter motor solenoid wire and the reverse light wires to the reverse light switch. If the forrester also has a seperate gearbox ECU then it would probably be the same.

jezz43, Mar 14, 7:52am
Its a 4.speed.auto, had its own trans module before relooming., and all foresters are single turbo, s/tb - sports turbo, t/tb -touring turbo. Jhst different optional extras and conpletely different.in the looms