Great Jaguar Special

tgray, Jan 12, 8:42pm
Doesn't look safe to me.

smac, Jan 12, 8:48pm
Saw that at the Windsor show last year. Truly amazing work, but perhaps not everyone's thing.

Edit: oh and as for safe - it's passed the current LVV rules so I would say a hell of a lot safer than a lot of mass produced stuff on the road.

socram, Jan 12, 8:57pm
What isn't safe? No life jackets? Having spent the last three years jumping through hoops for LVVTA and compliance, totally agree with smac.

Probably inspired by the famous Hispano Suiza tulip wood car.

https://gorgeouscars.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/1924-hispano-suiza-h6c-tulip-wood-torpedo/

purple666, Jan 12, 10:55pm
What a great reason to buy a lotto ticket this week, count me in.

esprit, Jan 12, 11:44pm
Seen this at various stages during the build, it's a very well made piece of kit. lovely too :)

richardmayes, Jan 12, 11:58pm
6.5 / 10.

It's not quite right, but it's not as bad as it might have been.

Wood bodywork should be from the firewall back only.

Polished aluminium bonnet please, with lots of louvres.

Mudguards = fail, try again, with a little more effort next time please.

Passenger grab handle on the dash looks like it came from / belongs in a disabled toilet.

Saloon car 2-spoke steering wheel with a horn ring is not really appropriate on a roadster.

Needs 1950s Jaeger instruments, not 1970s Smiths.

This may be of some help:
http://www.supercars.net/carpics/1990/1914_RollsRoyce_SilverGhostLabourdetteSkiff1.jpg

tony9, Jan 13, 2:51am
I can see interesting discussions with parking wardens not seeing the license certificate in the "right" place, probable wof as well.

timmo1, Jan 13, 2:54am
Agreed on all points. It's almost there. headlights need to be different, guards need to be proper rolled/shaped not just some galvanised tin, the laser cut words look out of place and the rear needs a tidy up. in an ideal world of course.

trogedon, Jan 13, 3:39am
Well I like it. At the end of the day (its nighttime) they've got a high percentage of it right and its a finished and driving project.

oversize, Jan 13, 5:37am
I want it!
can't afford it but oh well

survivalkiwi, Jan 13, 6:15am
Can you name one sixty year old car that is?

socram, Jan 13, 6:24am
Yep! By the time I have jumped through all the LVVTA & Compliance hoops, I sincerely hope that mine will be!

Loved my 1955 RME Riley, but sadly, didn't have the ability to restore it, but it certainly felt much safer than some more modern cars I have driven, even without the crumple zones and ABS.

jmma, Jan 13, 9:06am
He is going to branch out and make some more, (o:

jmma, Jan 31, 8:35am
Just twigged on to what you said, he would knot really leave my Corolla behind.