Licencing a new vehicle question

wuckydoo, Apr 17, 7:24pm
Heya we have just purchased a new vehicle and I am wanting to get it road-legal today while Mr is at work, this may sound like a stupid question but who is responsible for out standing licencing fees? expired in Feb, I am just wanting to know before I go and fill out the form. Thank you :)

intrade, Apr 17, 7:58pm
licens fees as in what most called rego outstanding goes to who ever was last registerd owner . new owner pays from day his name got shifted on the registration paper , the paper is only to send bills and fines to and not whom owns it.
Then if you talk diesel road-user charges these get passed on to new owner, new owner pays for the last owners unpaid driven milage on diesel.

mrfxit, Apr 17, 8:42pm
Correct.
Over due licence fee's (most ppl call it rego/ it's not) stay with the last registered owner at the point of new change of ownership.
Ruc's stay with the vehicle regardless of change of ownership

kazbanz, Apr 17, 9:59pm
assuming the vehicle has live rego--ie is not deregistered then as the new owner you do change of ownership into your name. from that point forward YOU are responsible for licencing fees and the old owner gets a bill for fees before that point in time.
if its Diesel then the outstanding Diesel tax stays with the vehicle so remains your responsibility.
But if its deregistered that's a whole new story.

gmphil, Apr 17, 11:06pm
and it needs a current wof to be able to register

wuckydoo, Apr 18, 12:32am
Thanks for the help guys, I took it in for a wof and got rego a couple of hours ago :) (kazbanz yes it was live rego and did change of ownership online last night :)

attitudedesignz, Apr 18, 5:45am
Most people INCLUDING NZTA.

Then again you'd know better than NZTA

(Received yesterday)

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/377004474.jpg

mrfxit, Mar 8, 11:53am
LOL,
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/registration-licensing/fees.html

"Vehicle registration and licensing fees
Updated: 9 February 2015

Registration is the process where we add a vehicle??