Any HR Holden Panel vans left in NZ?

nesta129, Jan 17, 8:31am
yup. mate had one last year.Everything was original on it but rusted and paintwork was bad. was meant to be a project but dont know what he did with it.

thefatfj, Jan 17, 6:16pm
there are quite a few left, there either tucked away or not driven often, i no of at least 5, all early holden utes and panel vans used the previous model tail lites as holden never changed the stamping dyes on commercials,ie,, hr had hd tail lites, eh had ej tail lites etc,with the exception of the 48 215 or fx and fj, they had a d lite,the tail lites are a great way to spot a fake or cut down,altho its becoming popular in oz to fit rear quarter panels from the sedan or wagon onto a ute or p/v,but. that takes away the origanalty,

kiwibob60, Jan 24, 7:11am
thanx guys, I am bringing her home

mardyyy, Jan 24, 7:57am
yep pretty sure it is an HR but not seen it recently.

ozz1, Jan 25, 1:29am
AND VERY TIDY it is. and local bloke has 3 eh wagons. watched him pull up 2 months ago. "you wont have one". but need starter motor for old grey motor?. told him " 2 brand new ones on the shelf". he bought both. some cool old cars running round in nelson. try RARE SPARES.

ozz1, Jan 25, 1:35am
FINALLY. GOOD to see some one actually state "48- 215",. old FX holden. as its sposed to be named as. :) well done. :)

franc123, Jan 31, 8:05am
Yes, but 48-215 is only the correct model code for a sedan, the ute designation was actually 50-2106. There was of course no panelvan or Special sedan until the FJ.

kiwibob60, Sep 21, 2:18am
Its here but parked up requiring certification etc. One day when the bloody insurance company pays out on my 2 claims.

3tomany, Sep 21, 2:43am
get it certified and take it to Blenheim to show it off at the nationals during easter weekend. If it is not certed you can still enter as unfinished but will have to trailer it to the show. Find your local club in club contacts the guys are really easy going as you would expect from vanners. http://vanz.net.nz/

barry415, Nov 19, 8:06am
Yes have blue van brought from n.l runs 179 and Nissan box. Came from Aussie about 1999 .it was red and black did. Police van ? if u have room fill it with body parts we have only rusty Barry in ashburton

kiwibob60, Jan 16, 10:50am
Just wondering if anyone has seen a HR panel Van in recent years, I do not recall seeing one for over 15 years, but I have one now in Aussie which I hope to bring back home about April.

peja, Jan 16, 11:39am
There's an HK down the road from me, but HR panel vans were always rare here, cant recall even seeing any when I was younger, let alone recently. It will be well worth bringing over now, possibly the only one here?

kiwibob60, Jan 16, 12:55pm
my brother had one in the mid 90's, brown in colour but yea thinking theres none left back home.

muzz67, Jan 16, 11:21pm
Something extremely close in Nelson area, dark blue,, often around Richmond.

gmphil, Jan 16, 11:28pm
had an hd panelvan when I was a tennager

brokebloke1, Jan 17, 12:23am
theres a HR panelvan windowless on mag wheels seen it around the Hoonhay,cashmere area in Christchurch , saw it parked by the hospital there.
HR used the HD taillights just changed the front sheetmetal

survivalkiwi, Jan 17, 12:41am
The HR tail lights were tall and skinny. The HD ones wrapped around.

survivalkiwi, Jan 17, 12:45am
Go to google images and enter holden panelvans.
Some great looking examples come up

franc123, Jan 17, 1:05am
All pre HK Holden commercials are rare here, they weren't that numerous when new, especially FB to HR, I don't think GM assembled them here?Funny how Holden never bothered to update the tail lights and rear sheet metal when facelifting in the 50s and 60's, by the time HK-HG and then HQ-HZ came along they stopped bothering with changing the ute, van and wagon lights at all. Had they not wanted to give the WB more of an 80s look they probably would have left the HQ lights as is.

survivalkiwi, Jan 17, 1:45am
I stand corrected. Except on the utes and vans.

vjregal770, Oct 3, 9:15am
I used to have an HR panelvan. It was a Fun-Ho diecast though.