Might buy this looks good buy

intrade, Nov 17, 11:43pm
well i looked at the one here in whangarei the 1988 is change over and i used to own the 88 old shape. after testdrive of this new shape for sale not long ago i remembered why i sold my one . the non turbo is a extreem gutlese heap compaired to any euro-diesel of the same years like my 2,8 cloned 5 cilinder mercedes w123 engine with no turbo pulls as good as that thing with a turbo. you have to rev the living crap out of any non turbo japanese if you want to get up a hill at norml speeds

mals69, Nov 18, 12:17am
I was being factitious with the link - think the guy is a dreamer wanting so much for a heap of sh.t.
Lot of weight for small motor, yeah you not wrong about having to rev the shite out of them up hill - my terrano like that, goes good elsewhere as do not let it get choked up. Maybe its an inbuilt safety measure by Nissan when going uphill so oil pump working good too lol :)

budgel, Nov 18, 12:29am
Factitious? Facetious? God only wise.
Gotta agree about non turbo Safaris.

mals69, Nov 18, 12:37am
Either one fits

kingfisher21, Nov 18, 3:34am
Nothing wrong with non-turbo 4.2 Safari's, give them a bit more fuel and they aren't to bad, had mine for over 10 years and not one single thing went wrong with it apart from an alternator, Near impossible to kill and the amount of other 4WD's I towed out of places on 4WD trips. The one in the trademe ad is actualy my brother-in-laws old one, and yes it's pretty fu$%ed.

dasfi, Nov 18, 6:39am
The matt black paint job hides 4L of bog and devalues a car by about 50%

mm12345, Oct 7, 9:29am
The factory turbo only produced a few more kw (from 93 to about 105?).
The 88 n/a TD42 is also a "silvertop" with heavier conrods and oil-squirters under the pistons.
Not sure about the condition/price of that one - I'd certainly not buy anything that age based on TM photos. But at 238km the engine is just run in, with the 5 spd box, and other slvagable bits, it's probably worth the price in parts.