Mercedes, Renault, Nissan.

tamarillo, Jun 10, 2:10am
I knew Renault Nissan alliance and that they share a lot of vehicles underpinnings, but then I saw a new Infiniti has a merc engine. So I googled and indeed the r-n alliance has formed another alliance with merc. How's this for bonkers:

The Mercedes-Benz 1-ton pickup truck will be built by Nissan in the Renault plant in Cordoba, Argentina, along with the Nissan NP300 and the Renault 1-ton truck, for Latin America. The three trucks will also be built in the Nissan plant in Barcelona, Spain, for other markets, excluding North America.

Hello sir, would you like French, Japanese, or German today?
Should make renaults more reliable at least.

brapbrap8, Jun 10, 6:35am
Have a look at what companies Fiat owns, they have everything from Ferrari, Dodge, Chrysler, Alfa Romeo, Masserati and more car brands, plus Case-New Holland farm machinery brand, Iveco trucks, the list goes on!
Thats before you take into account the other brands that use FPT (Fiat Powertrain Technology) drivetrains.

phillip.weston, Jun 10, 2:28pm
This isn't new - in Europe there is one van with three (or four technically) badges; Nissan Primastar, Renault Trafic, and Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro (for UK). Designed by the French and manufactured by either the English (low roof) in the GM plant or Spanish (high roof) in the Nissan plant.

tamarillo, Jun 10, 8:00pm
Yep, theres always been badge engineering I guess. Did poms invent it with all those Wolseley and Riley versions of austins and Morris, though before that the mini was either a Morris or Austin wasn't it.
Met a few people who bought a Holden thinking it was Aussie designed and tough, but it wasn't a commode they bought. If I'd bought an epica thinking it was a good solid Holden I'd be very mad.

cranken28, Jul 2, 3:23am
I like that new Ford ,Nana car . .it looks like a aston martin. from the grille.

Edit ,, ,Like the look . .not the car . .