Air conditioning fault

kevlight, Oct 30, 6:07pm
white vapour came out of the ventilation slots inside the car,had AA check for wiring smoking/burning . nothing burning/check was negative (not wiring) what would cause the air con vapour to suddenly release and vent into the car ? 2000 Saab 93 ;thanks

johotech, Oct 30, 6:10pm
It can just do that from condensed water vapor in some conditions.
Is it still cooling now?

kevlight, Oct 30, 6:32pm
nah the air con hasn't worked since ive had the car about four months ,took a 100kl drive on a stinky hot day, and it wouln't cool car down .the next day went to the local super market ,about 3klm away and the white vapour just poured out the vents with the fan on ;

johotech, Oct 30, 6:43pm
Might have broken a pipe and dumped the gas when the vapor came out. Did the vapor smell?

franc123, Oct 30, 6:48pm
Evaporator leak I'd have thought, Its the only refrigerant component that could leak into the heater box.

tony9, Oct 30, 7:33pm
Pollen filter blocked. Not enough air going thru when air con on so it has iced up.

Next day ice had melted and water vapour coming out.

Check pollen filter, what type of car?

kazbanz, Oct 30, 8:14pm
my money is on a leak in the AC

tony9, Oct 30, 8:36pm
Is the air con compressor running? If so, I want some of your money ;=)

intrade, Oct 30, 11:45pm
well if you check if the ac compressor is rotating when you turn ac on or not then you know if its no longer rotating the low pressure switch has triggered a no clutch turn on possible , reason would be your refrigerant escaped thru the burst evaporator in the dashboard

bigfatmat1, Oct 30, 11:50pm
Leaky heater core. Had a navara the other week that let out white smoke out the heater vents, was the heater core common on that vehicle. Tended to only do it when the ac was on obviously hot leaking onto cold causes it in that scenario

intrade, Oct 30, 11:55pm
re 10 that would be the next thing if the ac still works . usually there is a wierd smell of hot coolant it has a destinctive smell and the coolant level will go down if you got a leaking heater core.

kevlight, Dec 10, 8:25am
okay thanks thats given me enough to go on, to check things out thanks for your help ; great motoring help ,thanks again