2010 Mazda bt50 check engine light.

flashgordon_nz, Aug 30, 6:42am
Right, I did it!
Simple job - changed the air filter. Easy eh. Got rushed.
Wife went to drive it (went a km), had no power, and making a sucking sound. I had a quick look and had obviously over extended the pipe into the turbo. Slipped it back on, tightened it up, started it up, and the check engine light is staying on. Haven't driven/moved it.
I'm picking the computer has logged a fault code and kept the engine light up. Will attempt to disconnect battery for a minute, or longer to see if that clears the light. But mainly checking - would I be correct to assume it's logged and retained an error? Or is it possible something else has happened? Wiring, plugs, appear fine.

bluespam, Aug 30, 9:22am
you could get a OBD2 bluetooth scanner (on trade me, $10~20) and see what code its popping up,

note: you will have to use a smartphone with a obd2 app to see the code

i use Torque and Piston app on my android, it can also remove codes that have been logged.

OR

take it into a workshop and let them do it

rctr, Aug 30, 10:03am
Do not disconnect battery. If a code is logged due to the turbo hose being drive it so ecu can see the relevant sensor is getting the data it wants. After driving it cycle the key this may or may not clear code but should clear limp mode.

skatz1, Aug 30, 10:43am
Mazda and their codes. my one came up with a pricey one today ekkk! hopefully you find a easy fix :)

flashgordon_nz, Aug 31, 12:45am
Cycling the key. Something I haven't done in a long time! Correct battery disconnect didn't work, didn't google cycling the key, just did it 6 times (I seem to recall 6 was a popular one for Mazda years ago. And yup, check engine light is gone. ! Thanks for the reminder. Mechanically it appears fine. Hose back on.

intrade, Aug 17, 11:21am
do you have a smart alternator. if you do you now need factory scanner to relearn the battery capacity to the alternator for correct the correct charge capacity because you disconnect the battery whipes out that stored information.