Bad Car dealer Urban in Auckland Rite Ride

kuri2515, Dec 19, 7:52pm
Traded a vehicle with this man Steve had nothing but problems, The car was ment to get a service before i got it but didn't, Rego ran out 3 days later, Some how passed a warrent with a broken back light, had a phone call from police as they found the car i traded in at otara it had been a week, this is 2 weeks later and it was still under my name, he hasn't paid remaing amount owing on it to motor trade finance ,I have until Monday or I'm in breach of contract ,still waiting for him to service car and send back light case up for my mechanic to do ,I'm not a happy camper do not deal with this man I've had nothing but problems not impressed

lookoutas, Dec 19, 7:55pm
Sounds like a lot of these problems are created by you.

a.woodrow, Dec 19, 7:55pm
And what has he said when you've rung or been in to see him?

kuri2515, Dec 19, 7:58pm
I get alot of yeah yeah I'll send filter and oil up as he says its to expensive for what my mechanic is charging

a.woodrow, Dec 19, 8:00pm
And what did he say about the finance?

kuri2515, Dec 19, 8:04pm
He was paying what was left,He says he's paid it ,but I told him he hasn't as I just received a phone call,to be honest I get a big story but I only want it sorted, but he told me i was rude all I would like is this matter sorted for him to stick to his deal and we all happy,he is in Auckland I'm up north hence the reason why i went to my mechanic

a.woodrow, Dec 19, 8:07pm
Sometimes it'll take a day or so for the payment to be processed. What kind of car (make model and year) , and how much did you local mechanic want to service it?

kuri2515, Dec 19, 8:10pm
x1
I traded my car on the 27/11/15 it should have been done by now ,it's a Mercedes Benz c240 2000 my mechanic was charging $146.00?

kazbanz, Dec 19, 8:20pm
So for 146.00 your mechanic was giving a merc C240 a service,
WOW. I need to send ALL my cars to your mechanic for servicing.
$146.00 would just about cover the pre service groom let alone the cooling system flush ,The brake adjustment and cleaning, The system scan and then the oil and finter change.

a.woodrow, Dec 19, 8:25pm
It was a CAR YARD they bought it off Kaz, we all know to a used car salesman a service is at best an oil and filter change and at worst wiping the filter clean and writing out a new sticker.

kuri2515, Dec 19, 8:34pm
Yes that's what he quoted me,the car yard people are ment to send oil and filter up but still waiting I'm not a mechanical person I've just asked how much for a service and that is the quote u got? I'm just putting it out there what has happened to me as this should not happen it dosnt take 3 weeks for them to put the car you traded in their name, you don't expect a phone call from police asking why your car is in otara for a week, the mtf should have been paid off, one would have thought the car dealer would have serviced the car as agreed and he would send the back light case I have rung numerous times to get sorted its nearly been a month and I don't think I'm being unreasonable I just want it sorted but how long shall one wait? Other wise I'm happy with the car

deus701, Dec 19, 10:10pm
When I traded my car and bought another one (just last two weeks), i just filled in the form online for change of ownership to the dealer's name. Am I going to wait around while the dealer or his wife uses my car for shopping? Nope, not really.

kuri2515, Dec 20, 12:08am
And that is what I done put it in their name as soon as I traded it but it still came back to me when the police rung?

sw20, Dec 20, 1:39am
Why did you accept the car with these faults?

Easier not to play the game than get blood from a stone later on.

cagivachick1, Dec 20, 2:06am
if the trade in car is still in your name thats a bonus, go get it back, you can sell it again

countrypete, Dec 20, 3:57am
No, you can't.

tony9, Dec 20, 4:05am
Have you notified the sale of your old vehicle? You can do it online here. https://transact.nzta.govt.nz/transactions/NoticeOfDisposal/entry

kuri2515, Dec 20, 4:59am
I didn't no it had these faults ,or I wouldn't have accepted the car until it all done,he deliverd the vehicle around 9 at night and we traded cars as I'm not able to do alot in the day due to a terminaly I'll family member I was ment to meet him at 7 pm and that would have given me time to check vehicle propley but that wasn't the case I rung him first thing the next morning and sent pictures of what I'm not happy with ,all you get is Yeah yeah I'll get that done or yeah yeah I've done it when he hasn't,I see he has the car I traded on his website

kuri2515, Dec 20, 5:00am
I filled it online for change of ownership the next day but not sure if he's done it at his end cause once again I got yeah yeah done it

henreitta, Dec 20, 8:18am
So, is this a registered dealer( as in having a car yard ) What car did you have for a trade in ?
What did the report ( from AA ) or elsewhere have to comment about the car ?
$ 146, for a service sounds too cheap to me, even my wee nissan is a bit more than that

kuri2515, Dec 20, 10:57pm
That's what I've been quoted? It's a car yard RMVT I paid $20.00 online to check vehicle before buying it didn't come back as stolen so I'm happy with that

kazbanz, Dec 20, 11:55pm
Kuri--what did the pre purchase inspection you had carried out show.?

_peas, May 22, 7:11pm
Within the first 1000km after buying a new car, I drain whatever crap they have put in it and replace with the good oil. The dealer that I bought the car off, GVI in Penrose missed a tail light out on the warrant that their attached workshop issued, and that was after I asked the salesman to fix it before I came to pick it up. Also a pain in the arse to deal with when the battery failed within a couple of weeks. If I haven't done it myself I am never fully convinced that it has been done properly, if at all. There are plenty of rough dealers/workshops out there.