Question. Went to dealer a said yes to him checking our credit history he said all paperwork and checks would be done in a hour

madijax, Jun 22, 1:33am
Went to dealer A, said yes to him checking our credit history, he said all paperwork and checks would be done in a hour when we got back from lunch, went to dealer B, just to check out prices and compare and also to see what they could offer, they offered better, so we applied for finance at both places, to see if we would be accepted, and then so we could also pick the car we liked best and the best deal. Today I have had a e-mail from Dealer A and he is pissed that we have been to another car yard and applied for finance, my issue is that he has gone snooping and found out that we have appiled at dealer B.which we did about 2 hours after we left dealer A, can dealer A do this. or was he only allowed to check our credit history, not credit we appiled for 2 hours later, (hope all this makes sence)

m16d, Jun 22, 1:36am
Dont go back to dealer A.

madijax, Jun 22, 1:39am
Dont plan on it, he cant offer us what dealer B did. but I want to know was he allowed to do what he did, so I can make a complaint or not.

jasongroves, Jun 22, 1:44am
Could be that both yards use the same finance company!

madijax, Jun 22, 1:55am
Ok thanks for your help. :-)

madijax, Jun 22, 5:50am
Dont worry about our applications, they are all true andcorrect,

and We were honest with dealer A, we didnt say yes or no to buying his car, we just wanted to find out if we would get accepted for finance first, and dealer B ended up offering a way better price for our trade in, and also other things. so it was a better car and better deal.we went to dealer B to compare prices so we knew we were ok and not getting ripped off,

40wav, Jun 22, 9:00am
So you did your homework, and compared apples with apples.so did he.

bigracket, Jun 22, 9:06am
Madi, forget about it, move on. Enjoy your nice new car. What did you settle on buy the way !

madijax, Jun 22, 10:08am
Well we are still sorting it out but are going with a Toyota Estima, :-) we already have a prado which we are keeping, so sticking with toyota for now.

bigracket, Jun 22, 12:51pm
Well done, dont let this silly issue spoil the enjoyment of gettin a new car to play with. enjoy your enema LOL

bigracket, Jul 14, 10:09am
ESTIMA