Dodgy $1 reserve aution from Registered Dealer.

wsd, Sep 22, 2:16pm
I was bidding on a $1 reserve auction for a 1961 Triumph Thunderbird, Auction 317451534 which closed at 9:23 last night with the highest bid being $6020. 15 minutes later get a fixed price offer $5,950. As there was a bidding war between a couple of guys Im guessing the winner was a mate of the seller and has tried to push the price up by over a grand. Being a Registered Motor Trader with a reasonable history I thought should have been alright. cars_on_demand is the seller. I guess report to trademe is all I cando.

rovercitroen, Sep 22, 5:51pm
Another registered dealer appears to be fond of using shill bidders to bump up the price on his $1 reserve auctions. Look at Volvo auction 317872369. It is not the only time a "new" bidder has appeared to get the price up on one of 'fun123's auctions.

friendly_prawn, Sep 22, 7:21pm
fun123 is a crook. Iknow from personal experience.

rovercitroen, Sep 22, 8:38pm
Company director Paul John Tweedie. Has he been on Fair Go! Name seems familiar.

rovercitroen, Sep 22, 8:46pm
Another one to beware of is jumbo35. He is a crooked dealer from way back and regularly gets booted off TM and reappears under different names. I caught him out shill bidding and lying on an auction once and got him booted off. He keeps popping back up though.

kazbanz, Sep 22, 8:49pm
There has been some discussion about this trader on the kiwibiker forums. Dunno how much is genuine and how much is sour grapes.

wsd, Sep 23, 12:23am
Ive just read the Kiwibiker forum thread about cars_on_demand but looks like they are warning about the lack of info/truth being provided about the damage to the bikes being auctioned. To me thats a risk about buying any crashed vehicle but the shill bidding really pisses me off.

blater, Sep 12, 10:30pm
Some things never change with scammy dealers like this. Cars were just caught out on a bike auction. Cars now have another account too n_m_l that was selling a Ninja. So cars bids a high price on an innocent sellers Ninja (same year etc) in order to make the n_m_l bike go higher in price. But the annoying thing is TM have done nothing, they even removed a Q on the auction alerting the seller to the fact that the cars bid was bullshit. Not good.

cocabowla, Oct 21, 5:59pm
but tm tell us that they cant set up a new account if they get banned because they have measures in place ! so we are all just imagining these people set up new accounts ok !