Is this still a requirement for a dealer listing?

d.snell, Jul 14, 3:54am
Is this rule still relevant!
u.If you're a motor vehicle trader selling a car online by auction, you must attach to the motor vehicle, a Consumer Information Notice (CIN), in a prominent position on your listing (e.g., through a clear photo) and provide the CIN to the successful buyer.

If it is, they are few a far between!

automan5, Jul 14, 4:01am
Yes it sure isa guy down our way was just fined $10,000 for not doing it

kazbanz, Jul 14, 4:03am
d.snell That to me is a big ol question mark. My understanding is that given itis a VEHICLE being sold then there must be a cin card on the VEHICLE.
I take my cues from Turners auctions and Fowles auctions who have been running online bidding on their auctions for a number of years. The customer gets the CIN card when they pick up the car.
In fairness --what information displayed on the CIN card isn't clearly displayed on the TM auctions anyways.!
Year/make model/milage/ engine size etc is advertised.

d.snell, Jul 14, 4:16am
Was wondering too after reading http://www.comcom.govt.nz/media-releases/detail/2008/onlinecarsalesnotexemptfromobligat/ which was posted on another thread. Yet they refer to it a SIN (Supplier Information Notice) not a CIN as TM do. Are they one and the same!

d.snell, Jul 14, 4:24am
Also, Turners do have the sin card for each car online. Here's an example
http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/Pages/Car.aspx!RefId=886448# Click the CIN Card link beside ENGINE:

kazbanz, Jul 14, 4:24am
Ok Im havin a rough day--did the CIN replace the SIN or did the SIN replace the CIN !

djazza, Jul 14, 4:54am
yes but it does not apply if the listing is a classified. Only if it's an auction.

djazza, Jul 14, 4:56am
They were SIN but changed to CIN about 4-5 years ago. They are both basicly the same thing.

d.snell, Jul 14, 5:05am
Cheers for that. Seems to explain it.

automan5, Sep 10, 2:51pm
The sin or (supplier information notice) was replaced by the cin ( consummer information notice) same thing with a couple of extra bits of information.It has to be clearly displayed on any vehicle you are selling and a copy given to the new owner.