Holden Vectra 2002

apple27, Apr 1, 3:21am
I'm considering buying a 2002 Vectra with 70,000kms on the clock. The price is around $4K. Are there any particular maintenance issues that I need to be aware of, and would people recommend this car?

brapbrap8, Apr 1, 4:14am
Check the service history, it could be well overdue for a cambelt, waterpump etc due to its age.
Should really change the engine and transmission oils too and it would probably be a fairly good car.

apple27, Apr 1, 4:55am
Thank you Brapbrap. I will check out those things.

intrade, Apr 1, 6:17am
also cam angle sensors can corrode i replaced one when i done the timing belt had biodigrading wiring on the cam angle sensor new sensor is 185$ from holdon manukau other parts are cheap also oem holden oil filter is 11$ for a vectra of that year if it is the screw on type

apple27, Apr 1, 7:20am
Thanks for that intrade.

floscey, Apr 1, 7:43am
At 70k , you would hope its had the cambelt done , if not you can always change it when you do the head gasket.

tamarillo, Apr 1, 8:58am
? Head gasket? Just being smart arsed?
These are an Opel design, also sold as Vauxhall, basic reliable if rather dull cars. Service history and condition are all that needs worrying about.

floscey, Apr 1, 6:52pm
LOL, you had me at Opel

phillip.weston, Apr 4, 7:50pm
2002 could be the start of the ZC Vectra which has the chain driven engine. I had a 2005 Vectra C 2.2 5spd manual with about 160k kms and it was a great reliable and fuel efficient car, but it was a bit boring and bland.

mrfxit, Apr 4, 9:57pm
Ditto .
I would far rather have a Hyundai wagon from the 90's
Far better vehicle all round.

phillip.weston, Mar 27, 6:14pm
I would agree if it were a Vectra B. but the Vectra C is completely different