Citroen C4 Brake load or lock.

shorebee, May 16, 8:12am
I have a 2009 nz new c4 1.6 turbo done 70ks, sensor lights have come on and was in continentals recently and had new plugs and a brake switch, after parking it for 3 weeks and returning from overseas the first use sends all the abs,esp sensors on and has been diagnosed as a brake load or lock, i didnt quite get it but is $2500 plus gst plus installation, anyone know what this is.

ema1, May 16, 8:19am
It's a common Citroen C4 problem apparently and this article maybe a fix, worth reading it up . cheers.
Brake switch incorrectly set or faulty? Either either or both?
http://c4owners.org/plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.2.205

Lots of data online.

shorebee, May 16, 8:43am
Cheers, i had seen that and wondered if i should ask them to fit another one in case this is faulty, a $100 exercise rather than three grand.

ema1, May 16, 8:46am
Seeing you mentioned the brake switch had been done it's my bet it's not done properly as in adjusted or it's possible the "new"? switch is faulty.

intrade, May 16, 8:52am
2 questions why do you buy a citroen c4 and then why do you go to continental cars auckland?
i assume thats the place you went to?

poppy62, May 16, 10:41am
Seems like a simple Tan Code reset by a Citroen agent. Bishops garage as an alternative to Continental Cars. Should be $50- $100.

poppy62, May 16, 10:44am
Simple answer! Citroens are good cars and Continental Cars are one of the agents. Now we are going to hear about you experience in Germany after you thrashed the living daylights out of the C4 diesel on the Autbahns. Sebatstian Loeb thrashed his C4 too but won a race or 3.

shorebee, May 16, 6:35pm
the c4 i was told had the new BMW 1.6 turbo engine and a traditional auto, not egs, so i thought i cannot be in for much trouble, surely, I have only just brought it 5 weeks ago and used it twice as due to this the lights are on, continentals are the local agents and i assume the most able to easily diagnose the issue. should i get a second opinion.

mugenb20b, May 16, 6:48pm
The only thing OP's C4 and Loeb's C4 share are the name badges, lights and windscreens. They don't have the same brakes, steering, drivetrain, rims, suspension or brake switches.

saxman99, May 16, 8:41pm
Yes.

What the mainstream dealers tend to do in my experience is perform a code scan and then replace every part related to the codes that pop up. A much better idea is to recall and erase the codes and then see which ones, if any, come back on.

shorebee, May 16, 9:35pm
they created a ticket to send to Kuala Lumpar and Italy to help interpret codes. i thought a scan tool did that, someone told me to reset the ecu by turning ignition on and removing positive lead and earthing it, turn off key and reconnect battery and start and run for a few minutes to rediagnose anything.

poppy62, May 16, 9:39pm
Ah Shadduppa your face!

intrade, May 16, 9:56pm
well you are partially correct the thing is you cant erase codes before you scanned it with a fully oem level diagnostic capable scanner for the car make and write down what codes are stored , then scan it in global obd2 mode also and write these codes down. there is always 2 rooms . including freeze frame data
Then you pull up a wiring diagramm and learn system designe and after that you plug in a live data recorder tool programmed to record pids relating to the problem so if it happens agin because freeze frame can only store 1 pid the one whom happens first occupies the frame .
but there maybe more events after to paint the crime scene.

The first comment about mainstream dealer is correct and what i have found to be =swaptron-morons who follow manufacturer flow charts.