Citroen BX 16v Passenger side headlight needed

silvertiger7, Feb 20, 12:30pm
A truck travelling too fast through road works caused a stone to break my headlight and I am having trouble finding one. Need one for WOF in March. If anyone knows where I might find one, please reply. Thank you.

saxman99, Feb 20, 12:57pm

wind.turbine, Feb 20, 1:08pm
claim insurance, will be covered under your glass cover, then you will get a new headlight

jmma, Feb 20, 1:12pm

silvertiger7, Feb 20, 2:07pm
Thank you all. I may have to join UK eBay saxman as I'm not a member of any eBay sites. I don't have insurance for the car unfortunately windturbine. I have filled in the online form for carwreckers but have received no replies thank you jmma. I was surprised that I have been unable to find one in NZ but might have to look further afield. It seems that any BX headlight fits all models. Mine's not self-levelling. Thank you for your input; much appreciated.

martin11, Feb 20, 3:07pm
Get insurance ! even 3rd party Imagine the problem you woll be in if you hit an expensive vehicle and its your fault

saxman99, Feb 20, 3:09pm
The good news about eBay is that one account works for all eBay sites.

You’ll need to make sure it’s for a RHD car, LHD headlights point the wrong way.

tamarillo, Feb 21, 7:40am
Have you asked Citroen club?

car__parts, Feb 21, 12:54pm
I could have a look around the web for you.

silvertiger7, Feb 21, 1:10pm
Hi. saxman, all my enquiries were very clear that it's a RHD passenger side light required and thank you for telling me I need only one membership for eBay. No tamarillo, I haven't contacted the Citroen club yet but will do so on Monday. I tried Fast Frogs, many Wreckers who deal in Citroen parts and have phoned anyone I know with Citroens or parts. Two BXs were squashed in August locally which was very sad as many owners like me would've bought parts but too late for that now. I won't give up and will import one if I need to as it's such a cool car. Thank you all for your suggestions.

rovercitroen, Feb 22, 7:35pm
Maybe try Sklenars Citroen in Hamilton.

silvertiger7, Feb 23, 12:01pm
Hi car_parts. If you have time, I would appreciate it. I just joined eBay but cannot find a headlight in Australia - they're all Germany, Poland and UK so I guess the shipping will be very expensive.
I tried Sklenars Citroen first but cannot get a reply, rovercitroen. I will try again. Thank you.

car__parts, Feb 23, 12:27pm
I can find them starting at about $150.00nzd, just havent sussed out shipping cost and GST yet.
edit
I think from about $200.00 I could get a used one landed here.

silvertiger7, Feb 23, 12:51pm
I managed to get a mobile number for Allan Sklenars and he has a lens! Not the whole unit but he thinks it will work as there's no damage to what's behind the lens. I am so hopeful that my little valver will get its WOF after all. I will get back to you car_parts if this doesn't work. Thank you all so much.

djrandomguy, Feb 23, 2:53pm

ash4561, Feb 28, 9:20am
Is it a bx19 16 valve what year?

silvertiger7, Mar 4, 5:47pm
Hi all. Allan Sklenars came to my rescue and sent a lens over yesterday. It's perfect. I just need some silicone to fit it. I am very happy. Now it will pass its WOF.
The car is a 1991 phase 2, 16 valve ash4561.
It is a very cool car - my 3rd Citroen and my favourite altho' the GS 1220 was pretty surprising too. Prior to this one I had a BX 19 GTi but the body was very tired and the electrics were a nightmare - so many workarounds. Thank you all for your advice and help.

rovercitroen, Sep 6, 12:15pm
Allan helped me out with parts some years ago when I had a Citroen BX TZD. I almost bought a BX 16V as well at that time and often regret not buying it. Quick little car.