Mitsubishi Chariot

kaiser2, Nov 28, 11:18pm
On the auto gear change stick of my 1998 model I see alongside the drive position there are options for plus and minus. What happens when you select one of these positions please? I know it's a silly question and I should just try it. (I bought the car from a dealer on Trade Me and it was delivered to me).

stornello, Nov 28, 11:26pm
Push the lever to the side, move it to + and it changes up a gear,- and it changes down. sort of like a manual without that silly changing gear stuff.

franc123, Nov 28, 11:26pm
Its tiptronic, flicking the lever into the other gate allows you to manually shift up and down the gears when you want to, if the control computer permits it depending on your speed. If you come to a complete stop in tip mode when you take off again it will stay in first gear until you either command it to shift up or flick it back to D.

andy61, Nov 28, 11:28pm
Oh why did you buy a Mitsibishi Chariot? Has it still got any oil left in the engine and is the rear bumper covered in soot yet?. The + and - is a tiptronic style gearshift.In other words you can manually shift up and down,bit of a gimmick and most people never bother using it.

kaiser2, Aug 26, 9:06am
Thanks for the answers guys, most helpful.