Pajero .

peternz, Sep 22, 11:09pm
Mitsubishi Pajero V75W 2000
Asking price: $6,500 Listing #: 952984822

I have had some of the older Pajero's are these any good for towing ? and any comments welcome.

mainlander05, Sep 22, 11:35pm
Yep.a pajero that old is set up excellent to tow.just need someone to steer it and hopefully know how to brake when being towed.
Why you would want tow one s a bit beyond me tho.

davidmoore, Sep 23, 12:01am
my brother in law had one of these , reckons it was the best 4wd he,d had extreme terrain river crossing etc and the stuff he towed in was eye watering seemed to have incredible ability to keep its feet on the ground, did better than his v8 Land cruiser

phillip.weston, Sep 23, 12:05am
That model shifted to a full monocoque body without the ladder frame chassis along with independent rear suspension to match the front independent suspension. Generally a capable off-road SUV but from that generation onwards softened it up and made it a bit less rugged in favour of more interior room and comforts. The only thing I would be wary of is the 3.5 GDI engine - while it is powerful not as fuel hungry as the earlier non-GDI engines, they can become problematic at higher milage. The main issue is the high pressure fuel pump bucket filter which is situated right at the back of the engine up against the firewall becomes blocked. If regular oil changes haven't been carried out the piston rings can become gummed up and then cause oil consumption and smoking issues.

I think for $6500 for that generation Pajero is a good buy though - it looks tidy and the kms aren't high for its age either. Make sure you get it checked out by a competent mechanic or a Mitsubishi dealer (NOT the AA or VTNZ) first.

phillip.weston, Sep 23, 12:08am
This might be helpful - https://youtu.be/rS6nr5POoTU

skiff1, Sep 23, 12:42am
that is golden

peternz, Sep 23, 4:06am
Thanks for your input. low ks but why was the crank seals done ?

franc123, Sep 23, 10:24am
Its not uncommon to do a front crank seal as part of a timing belt change, it a good preventative measure which is easy to do when the belt is removed and they are often supplied with the belt kit anyway these days. The rear is a bit more worrying, it would only be changed if it was leaking as its engine or transmission removal to fix it and its not usual to do it at those sort of kms But if there is no signs of leakage during the pre-purchase check and there's no signs of poor workmanship then chances are nothing to worry about. Those 3.5 GDI's MUST have been maintained well, if there's any evidence it hasn't been I'd avoid. Get whoever checks it to ensure the oil light goes off nice and quick after startup and that there is no odd knocks or tapping from the engine when idling hot or when revved/overunning at higher RPM, I've personally seen two similar engined Challengers with broken cranks and bearing failure but these were a couple of years older than this one. This is big bucks to fix as you'd imagine, I don't want to put you off what might be a good buy but be careful!

curlcrown, May 16, 5:03pm
That is very cheap for one of those. If its a good truck and you want it buy it, it wont be available for long at that price.