Toyota Mark X cars

jordie9, Feb 9, 7:01am
What are these cars like?

gunhand, Feb 9, 7:13am
Another thing that put me off was proximity key and push button start. Just more things to wrong if you ask me.
If you are into all the gadgets and things prob be a great car.
I imagine they will become quite a popular car though.

slacker8, Feb 9, 8:00am
I love the proximity key! All my next cars a going to have one I, I love the fact I can just walk up touch the door handle, it unlocks car, jump in and hit the starter button and youre away, all without having to fish the key out of my pocket. Just one of those things you don't know you want til you try it. Just like rain sensing windscreen wipers, sounds like a waste of time but are actually a great thing to have.

kimbo88, Feb 9, 9:35am
Personally I like the proximity key and pushbutton start/stop too. Once you're initially used to it, it's a lot easier. Having a mixed bag of some cars that have it and some that don't, I would far rather the proximity key myself.

brapbrap8, Feb 9, 9:39am
Good if you can read japanese by the sounds of it.

kimbo88, Jun 27, 12:02am
I don't know any Japanese at all but I've found them very easy - all the air cond controls etc are in English, and it's only the likes of the stereo system that has the Japanese on it. By playing around with the buttons for a while, you find that after a few days you know the buttons that you use and what they do, some of them you'll never use at all. And if someone doesn't want to handle it that way, just replace the stereo with one of the NZ media units that are now available that slot straight in, and it's all in English. The trip computer is pretty easy to find your way around, after cycling through the functions a few times you've got it - kms per litre, average speed, distance gone since last reset, kms to run on fuel left in tank etc.