Holden Cruze - key stuck

linnea2, Mar 9, 2:21am
x1
I have a 2010 Holden Cruze diesel, and the key is stuck in the ignition. It will only turn off to ACC position, and wont turn any further. It is in "Park". I can start the car, but it will not come out of park. Anyone else had this issue, or got any suggestions please.

linnea2, Mar 9, 2:44am
x1
HELP, anyone?

aj.2., Mar 9, 2:52am
Try turning the steering wheel to a different position, that may let the lock work better.

linnea2, Mar 9, 2:58am
Thanks aj - didnt work :(

attitudedesignz, Mar 9, 3:02am
A quick google suggests this is common. Haven't found the answer yet op but it's looking like a "Back to dealer" fix.

linnea2, Mar 9, 3:04am
mmm i am not liking the sound of that attitudedesignz. It is not parked in the most preferable spot right now :(

macman26, Mar 9, 3:07am
Some cars also need the hand brake on? and in park.

linnea2, Mar 9, 3:12am
handbrake is on mac

attitudedesignz, Mar 9, 3:17am
Do you have the (owners) manual handy? There is an "over ride" for the gear stick which is used for when the car is "towed"

If you do it this way the car MAY stay in whatever gear you select, BUT it may let you move the car to a better place until you can get Holden or your friendly mechanic to look at it.

attitudedesignz, Mar 9, 3:19am
Another one being said is there is a solenoid for the shift system that MAY come right if you disconnect battery for 'bout 30 min's.

attitudedesignz, Mar 9, 3:20am
These are all suggestions from Chevy Cruze owners that have had the same issues.

mk3crazy, Mar 9, 3:24am
No I drive a FORD!

attitudedesignz, Mar 9, 3:27am
I'm sorry.

timmo1, Mar 9, 4:06am
My mates 2012 Cruze 1.4 just blew its headgasket. Quality vehicles these.

twink19, Mar 9, 4:37am
one dud doesn't make them all bad, and the 1.4 turbo would be working hard. be like the new Mondeo 1 litre turbo. that will be fun not

linnea2, Mar 9, 5:47am
Thanks attitudedesign - did the override thing as was able to get the car home, and will be able to drive it to mechanic. Thank you so much

attitudedesignz, Mar 9, 5:50am
No problem.

goldilocks64, Mar 9, 6:11am
call the AA or your holden dealer there is a issue with the cruse and malobo steering column

franc123, Mar 9, 6:15am
Don't go anywhere other than a Holden dealer, there are software issues with those column lock systems on those.

intrade, Mar 9, 6:44am
park neutral and brake switch might be part of the steering key lock mechanism

gmphil, Mar 9, 7:49pm
probably brake switch if u cant turn back past acc

bjmh, May 7, 6:43pm
brake light fuse blown ?