HOLDEN FAULTY AIR CON.

Page 2 / 2
clark20, Dec 8, 9:12am
I went here for my old commodore

http://www.coolcar.co.nz/

After pissing around and $$ these guys sorted it properly.

intrade, Dec 8, 9:16am
like we said get a professional to look at it and report back what it is.

beanie23, Dec 8, 9:28am
Yes clark20 booked in there this week.They beleive it may be the clutch on the compressor.

(Ive had more info from the man in my house! ).
Yes intrade - and others that have kindly given me advice - thank you I will report back.

marte, Dec 9, 9:56am
Is the plug on the electric clutch plugged in properly?
People llke to pull the plug out because they think it saves fuel, for some reason.

beanie23, Dec 9, 7:07pm
Indeed the compressor was unplugged - problem solved. This was unplugged when the timing chain was replaced but inadvertently not plugged in again on completion. Service centre has owned up to this mistake and credited our account with the cost of finding the problem.

supernova2, Dec 9, 8:47pm
And neither Pit Stop nor the Auto Sparky could find a plug dangling at the back of the air con pump. They both owe you a refund. Honestly some people should not be allowed in business if they are that stupid!

beanie23, Dec 9, 9:41pm
Not until the belly pan was removed and in my previous comment a credit has been received for the cost of investigating this.

mopsy3, Dec 10, 1:35am
Very unusual to only renew one timing chain. If only one was done I would say Pitstop did it and now want it to come back twice more for the other two.

mopsy3, Dec 10, 1:41am
3 days? Who on earth told you that?

beanie23, Dec 10, 2:56am
The winding referred to the compressor clutch which if requiring a rewind can, apparently, take 3 days. Inadvertently described as "compressor chain".
The timing chains replacement took just over 2 days - if it was actually worked on full time.

a.woodrow, Dec 10, 5:02am
Personal experience working for a Holden Dealer

mopsy3, Dec 10, 8:37pm
Ah, that explains it. We do approx. 3 or 4 sets of timing chains a week all in and out within 8 hours each.An extra hour if tensioner needs doing. Commys and Craptivas. Wonder why Holden take 3 days? Good earner I guess.

beanie23, Dec 10, 9:39pm
Just fixed your spelling mistake.

mopsy3, Dec 10, 9:50pm
If you knew the list of known faults on those things you wouldn't have bothered. I sincerely hope you don't ever find out and enjoy your car for as long as you own it.

beanie23, Dec 11, 12:13am
Like countless others.

mopsy3, Dec 11, 12:35am
Yep you are right. But when it goes wrong, it goes wrong. You've already had one of the major faults, the chance of having all of them would hopefully be minimal. Although our neighbour has one that has so far thrown 3 of them at her all within months of each other. But yes, she still loves it and wont part with it.

a.woodrow, Dec 11, 5:14am
I didn't say that. I said depending on where you take it it could easily take 3 days. If it doesn't get started promptly it runs on to two days, and if you've taken it to a workshop that doesn't know what they are doing or haven't done them before it easily rolls over to three days - as per post 35

mopsy3, Jun 28, 5:31pm
As per post 36?