2005 Ford Territory Ghia

jimmy.k, Dec 13, 7:18am
Can anyone give some advice on a problem I have.
The console screen, (command centre) suddenly went blank yesterday.
I would appreciate any comments about this before taking the vehicle into the Ford dealer son Monday.
Everything works ok, but I have no visual, to tell me what temperature the air con is set on etc.
The vehicle is 10 years old now & has travelled 90'000kms.

jmma, Dec 13, 7:37am
Try holding the radio volume knob in for 5 seconds, you may have turned it off?

jimmy.k, Dec 13, 7:48am
Thanks jmma. Yes I tried that. No luck.
When it happened I had left the key in the accessory mode with the radio playing for a couple of hours, on a very hot day. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.
May have to shout myself an expensive Christmas present. Lol

jmma, Dec 13, 7:57am
Disconnecting the battery for a while may work, you might lose Radio settings.
Hopefully someone else will be along shortly to help you (o:

jimmy.k, Dec 13, 7:58am
Cheers,

casper35, Dec 13, 9:08am
If it is stuffed don't get one through ford it will ruin your xmas. Buy one online.

ntalke, Dec 13, 6:33pm
Betta AutoParts Even the screens are available if it's the problem

http://bettaautopartsonline.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=icc&sort=3a&page=2

tamarillo, Dec 13, 7:18pm
This might. It apply to a newer ford. Mid 90'S fairmont had same problem and it had small bulbs in the rear that had gone. I thought it was modern led but it still needed bulbs for me to actually see the led.
I'm assuming part are shared with he falcon.
Yours is a lot newer but maybe worth a google.

klrider, Jun 17, 10:39am
Happened to one I had a while ago, it came on again after it had been turned off and on, but then would happen often, until it died. Managed to get a second hand unit and all was fine, cant rememebr exactly what it cost but was not to bad. They share the same part as the fairmont, plenty of them around.