About "Tony's tyre service"

Page 2 / 2
intrade, May 13, 10:10am
So who repaired your alternator? on the nissan safari?

franc123, May 13, 10:11am
Take their advice. Spend the money on some good 16" tyres instead, those very large wheels can cause all sorts of issues, both technical and legal.

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:12am
I'm 100% understand. I agree with you. But other shop recommend me different tyre and rim to help me work out. They just say no. If factory is 16 inch. You only can go 16 inch. Even not 17 inch

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:14am
Yeap. That's what I'm doing now. But this time I went to different store. All done already.
It's not I don't trust them. Just try to get less headache for me.

a.woodrow, May 13, 10:14am
The other shop may have just wanted your money.

intrade, May 13, 10:15am
you can change it but if the police think its not legal they put a pink sticker on your car and you have to pay 100$ for a new wof only vtnz can remove pink sticker. if police think its not legal they make up there own law and fine you even if it would be all legal. so forget about it and stay with factory because police cant say its illegal if it is factory.

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:18am
Yes. I did. All the window was not working in whole summer time in last year. Think about it, get in the car after work in a hot summer with out open window driving home. ( no air condition). But now , they are works fine.

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:19am
Yes. You are right.

intrade, May 13, 10:21am
You have a wiring problem , what vehicle is that your nissan safari?

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:21am
I just fit back my stand rims with new tyres. $85 for the 16 inch.
They do make money from me. But guess not much.

a.woodrow, May 13, 10:22am
Yeah not an issue with tony's, just an unlucky coincidence. as for your other car, wheel studs break from time to time, it's bad luck, not usually the fault of the person working on it, often the fault of the previous person who put the wheel on.

intrade, May 13, 10:25am
i dont know about that wheel sud they dont actuarly brake unless they have been torqued up with a rattle gun loads of times, Non of my cars i ever owned or repaired have ever had one brake off poster 36
but we can not know for sure if they also did not use a torque wrench to finish tightening the wheel nuts .

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:25am
Both story are over a year ago. Same problem happen twice. That's why Im thinking how this happened. Because how they started my car. Now all good, if you deal with my car nicely.

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:30am
I break my one before over 10 years ago. That's because I didn't fit in with right position. Before my wife took the car to them. On the night before I fit them on by hand. And I'm 100% sure everything was all good. After she came back. She took me there is one broken need to be fix.

franc123, May 13, 10:31am
I realise its annoying having to deal with an expensive repair but as has been said several times its pretty hard to see how they damaged your alternator. If it wasn't cranking properly or not at all because of a flat battery and they jump started it wrong then maybe, otherwise no.

intrade, May 13, 10:34am
i know how it probably has happend his faulty wiring shorted out while the engine was shaking for longer starting it without finishing glowing. So the problem is likely somwhere where the wiring loom moves during starting.

chazboner, May 13, 10:38am
Is that you Male Timaru?

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:41am
Don't wanna happened again. Just doing all the best I can to my car. Been like one of my family.

n.p.kitchens, May 13, 10:42am
No. Is that your mate unlucky like me?

mephismeltdown, Jan 30, 7:57am
thats 1 of the reasons you don't buy a safari.