2001 Jaguar S-type

gregmran, Jan 7, 1:06am
Probably drinks oil like I drink Tui.

mike1345, Jan 7, 1:12am
She'll be sweet as then if it drinks oil like I drink Tui.

richard198, Jan 7, 6:36am
Firstly, it's not a Jaguar, it's a Ford Lincoln.
It's not a luxury car; it's a comfortable car that has mediocre handling and high running costs.
If you want a real Jaguar, get an XJ.

tmenz, Jan 7, 8:12am
Is that the model that's based on the Mondeo pan and running gear?

richard198, Jan 7, 10:12am
X-type.

smac, Jan 7, 10:25am
Ha! Dude I think I must have met you at the Windsor Park show in Hastings a couple years back.

phillip.weston, Jan 7, 10:47am
yes it's a Ford based Jaguar using the platform and some of the engines from the RWD Lincoln LS which doesn't have a reputation for unreliability. The S type is still assembled by Jaguar in the UK and that's where any reliability issues would arise, if at all. The AJ V6 used in the S type can be found in a multitude of other cars on NZs roads including the Ford Mondeo, Ford Escape, Mazda Tribute, Mazda MPV etc.

The same engine is of course found in the FWD/AWD Jaguar X-type which is based on the Ford Mondeo platform. I would actually pick an X type AWD estate over an S type personally myself.

petal_91, Jan 7, 9:06pm
So what do you think of all the new models that have come out since Tata bought the company? They look pretty stylish, but Tata has got to be worse than Ford, right? Those new Jags probably all have switchgear in common with the Nano and other budget vehicles now!

richard198, Jan 8, 2:54am
They're not all that bad; it's just that they don't have the soul or whatever of the original cars. It's the same with the Santa Fe for example: great vehicle, just no character.

twincam1, Jan 8, 3:05am
Nice front on S type, shame about the rear.

tmenz, Jan 8, 8:39am
What about the R version - that has R soul.

elect70, Feb 28, 8:21am
A jag owner for many decades bought a new Tata jag Sportbrake 3.0 l luxury reckons its the best built jag hes had . Poms might still screw them together but the Indian manufacture is far better .