Brake pad thickness for WOF

Page 2 / 2
ml6989, May 3, 10:46am
Quite right. When an audit is done you have to be able to display your ability to use the VIRM to assist you in making decisions on weather an item is "Pass" or "Fail". And in all cases the final decision of Pass or Fail of a check rests with the AVI, not the person who owns the vehicle and believes he (or she) in well versed in TR76 and all rules that followed.

clark20, May 3, 10:49am
No. I disagree. Only the owner should be responsible for maintenance. Was it working properly when it was inspected?

clark20, May 3, 10:53am
yes, I said I had found it , and the advice an AVI told me was wrong.

mrfxit, May 3, 11:30am
The inspector is responsible for making sure the vehicle is legal AT that wof inspection snapshot in time
Approx 2 months from working & passing a wof to total failure of the pads would indicate that the pads were way beyond the minimum thickness allowed for a wof

ema1, Feb 14, 3:47pm
Disagree all you like, but I would sooner be made aware of impending brake problems likely to happen in near future particularly if you aren't one with a mechanical ability let alone even if you are mechanically inclined!
I agree that the vehicle fitness is entirely the owners responsibility and an owner seeking advice or receiving advice is absolutely the way it should be because he/she maybe unaware of the impending defects and failure which might happen at some stage in the near future, it's better to be wise and informed than being totally ignorant which all too often is the case which is a worry?
There should be no argument regarding brakes and their condition , it should be paramount that they be as good as they can be . AT ALL TIMES. PERIOD.