Service intervals

inkapuka, Feb 26, 8:33pm
2007 mazda axela mazdaspeed done a few mods running on 12.5psi boost should i do every 5k or 10k ive only done 3k in it was serviced before i brought it. And would i be best to goto my normal local or "oil changers" in invercargill used to used oil changers in my old commodore but thzts a basic car compared to this

trouser, Feb 26, 9:10pm
The Aus and Nz MPS schedule is 12mths or 10,000ks. Takes about 5.5l of oil.

robotnik, Feb 26, 9:20pm
The Oil Changers $99 "Full Synthetic Service" will be perfectly good. Oil Changers supply good oils that meet manufacturer specifications. http://oilchangers.co.nz/services/oilSynthetic

For peace of mind I would be servicing your vehicle every 5,000kms. The turbo with wound up boost will be toasting your oil big time, and if you wait until 10,000km, even synthethetic oil may begin to lose some of its lubrication properties, which would impact on your engine and turbo's longevity.

kazbanz, Feb 26, 9:32pm
Turbo rebuild-$2500
Oil change $100 every 5000km
easy math in my book

tamarillo, Feb 26, 11:10pm
Yes, 10,000 by book but I'd do 5000 with the stress that engine has. Filter every second change. Engine will love you for it.

Real easy to do yourself you know? Auto shop will sell you oil pan and filter tool, and if you haven't spanners those too. Better with trolley jack and axle stand to get under but long term you'll pay them off.

robotnik, Feb 27, 12:57am
If I recall correctly from a pic he posted in the "show us your ride" thread, his vehicle is slammed to the ground like a sled. so he'll need an expensive low profile trolley jack to get that car in the air. Probably easier to just go to Oil Changers.

inkapuka, Feb 27, 1:30am
Yes she is rather low lol sitting on adjustys

tamarillo, Feb 27, 1:43am
ah! very good point. can hear the scrapping sounds from here.

inkapuka, Feb 27, 2:51am
Lol it only scrapes on the front lip only because it's aftermarket carbon fibre one going to take it off though because 2 massive bunnies at 100 clicks hurt it quite bad. :( then it won't scrape :)

inkapuka, May 25, 8:06am